Chapter 25

Rebecca's POV

"Again." Isaac says crossing his arms on his chest and staring intently at me.

My wolf growls at him digging her claws deeper into the dirt as I lower my body closer to the ground. Isaac has been with me for 2 weeks now training me to be a better fighter as a wolf since I already know how to fight wolves as a human. He thinks I don't know how to handle my wolf yet, it's a bit offensive.

I get a good distance between us in order to get a running start and shake some of the snow off my fur before I begin to charge at him. He stands there unamused and not frightened at all. Using all the strength in my legs I leaped at him only for him to get a good grip at my stomach and back legs and throw me on my back. I land hard on the ground and whine loud enough but growl when I see Isaac laughing at me.

"Come on shake it off pup." He laughs grabbing a blanket off the porch and throwing it over me

I shift immediately holding the blanket over shoulders and growl at him.

"How am I supposed to learn if you're so hard on me?" I glare at him and he rolls his eyes.

"Because every wolf who wants to kill you will take it hard on you. And that's me being easy actually." He smirks and I roll my eyes at him.

"Asshole." I glare at the back of his head as he walks away from me.

"Bitch!" He calls out and although there's a joking tone to it,it doesn't stop me from getting angry.

I throw the blanket off my shoulders and start running at him again and shift in the air as I jump on his back, but it doesn't mean I've caught him off guard. He still manages to throw me off and shifts as well jumping on top of me and we begin to roll around the snow as a jumble of snarls and bites.

I end up getting the upper hand when I bite into his hind leg, it distracts him enough for me to bite into his neck and hold him tight into the ground.

Alright Rebecca enough! You won!!

He yells in my head and I let go immediately. We both shift back and it's my turn to laugh at him. He hisses as the wounds on his neck slowly heal and he glares at me.

"Put on that blanket before Jeremy kills me for being naked around you." He snaps and I roll my eyes. I get up immediately and shake the snow off the blanket and wrap it around myself. I was amazed with myself on how the cold didn't bother me anymore.

"You okay? I'm sorry I got mad." I say and he shakes his head and gets up, I try to keep my eyes on his face but it's a bit weird how comfortable he is to be naked around me.

"No that's good. You're actually a pretty good fighter." He says rolling his neck around now that it's healed. My eyes linger on the scars across his chest and I just nod my head.

"Come on let's go inside before someone sees us." He says and I follow after him with my head down. He opens the door for me and I walk in and point him to the laundry room.

"I'm sure Jeremy has some extra clothes in there you can borrow." I say and he nods his head.

I go upstairs and throw the blanket on the bed and find some clothes to put on, I hear a knock on the door just  as I put on my sweater.

"Come in. What is it?" I ask and watch Isaac walk in. He nods his head over to where Jeremy's office is.

"The phone keeps ringing if you didn't notice." And I feel a sickly feeling my stomach as he says that.

"I know..I know who's calling I just need a minute." I sigh pulling the sleeves down on my sweater.

"Why do you need to talk to your dad? Don't you hate him? I'm basically training you to kill him." He says crossing his arms and I shrug my shoulders.

"He's still my dad. I know I'm not gonna fight." I say and he looks at me surprised.

"I know Jeremy is gonna keep me locked up somewhere I'm not an idiot." I say and he doesn't meet my eyes.

I don't know what's up with these wolves and protecting their mates. If only Jeremy could have seen me in my hunting days, I could get out of any situation. But now I feel like a pathetic puppy with this new wolf in me. I'm stronger as a human and I feel ashamed for hating my wolf for being so weak.

"I guess you really are smarter than most people think." He laughs trying to get rid of the tension in the room.

"And what do most people think about me?" I ask raising an eyebrow and he shrugs.

"There's a whole lot buzzing about you. Most people hate you for bringing another war on this pack." He says and I feel a frown form on my face.

"Well that makes me feel better thanks." I say sarcastically and he laughs again, only harder and I see him hold his chest and stop.

"Are you okay?" I ask stepping closer to him. He raises his hand and nods his head after taking a deep breath.

"I'm fine...just aches sometimes." He says referring to the scars on his chest. He looks over to my hand that's on his shoulder and I move it back immediately.

"It's a bit weird don't you think? How young we are and yet we're forced to grow up just because we're wolves." He says and I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't see what's wrong with it. I don't think we're missing out much on underage drinking and sexual experimenting that most humans do." I try making a joke but he doesn't laugh.

"I didn't think about that. Just the fact about going to high school. Having friends my age and not worrying about pack laws. I think you're lucky. You've been human." His voice sounds so sad, but he doesn't understand.

"I was a human wolf hunter Isaac. That's not exactly normal. Do you not like being a wolf?" The moment I ask that question his whole face looks offended.

"No that's not it. I don't know I've just been thinkind weird with all my friends finding their mates. I'm sorry." He takes a deep breath again and I try my best to force a smile.

"You should answer the phone." He says and I nod my head and leave the room to go to Jeremy's study where the phone continues to ring.

"Hi Dad. I'm sorry I wasn't able to answer I..." he interrupts me.

"Hello Rebecca." An unknown male voice answers and my eyes widen when Isaac enters the room but he looks confused.

"Who is this?" I ask feeling my heartbeat quicken.

"We haven't met properly yet. My name is Dylan. I'm sure I've been mentioned recently." He says, his deep voice sends uncomfortable shivers down my spine.

"What do you want? Where is my father?" I ask slightly panicked and he chuckles through the phone.

"He's quite angry with you. Just as I am angry with him. Don't act like we don't know what you're up to. Acting like daddy's girl just to get information from him. The date is changed. But I'll leave it up to you to decided when. Could be in a couple hours. Maybe next week. Or maybe another month. Either way you won't expect it now wolf bitch." He spits through the phone and hangs up.

I let out a shaky breath and stare at the phone in disbelief.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Isaac asks.

"I think I just put the pack in even more danger.."

A/N: please vote and comment and be sure to check out the story if Gabriel in my works! Thank you :)