Chapter 22

Jeremy's POV

"She's gone." It's all I have to say when I call Isaac and Mark over.

"Gone where? To her father?" Mark asks and I know he's trying to control his anger for me out of respect for my mate.

I nod my head and he takes a deep breath and paces around my living room.

"Isaac. Go see Allen and Xavier tell them to be on the lookout for two rogues. And if anymore of Alpha Dylan's messengers come by they are to be killed immediately. And I want Gabriel watching over Crystal until we find them." Mark says and Isaac nods and runs out of my house immediately.

"What do you want me to do Alpha?" I ask and I see dissapointment wash over his face.

"Why did you let her go?" His question leaves me speechless.

"I was thinking about the pack...I had to let you know first." I stutter and he shakes his head.

"I've known you my whole life and I have not once seen you do something just for yourself once. It was always about the pack. It was always about Trevor." He says and my chest aches hearing the name of my lost brother.

"What if she never comes back? What if you just lost your mate forever Jeremy? Not once in your life have I seen you let loose. To be your true self! You lost her and you can't see that!" He yells at me and I feel my body shaking with anger.

"Why are you saying this..." I barely whisper and I see a sad smile creep on his face.

"You're one of my closest friends. I can't have you suffering." He scoffs and it brings a smile to my face.

"She never wanted me in the first place. Last night... we completed the mating process and I just scared her off this morning. I don't know what to do." My wolf is in pain without his mate by his side.

"I almost lost Crystal. I did lose her. She was taken from me and I got her back. She tried to kill herself because of me and I'll never forgive myself for that. But seeing her now growing with my pups in her stomach is the greatest feeling in the world. I don't care if Rebecca puts that in danger I will stop that. I want you to have that feeling. Now stop being an idiot and find your mate. We all need her now more than ever." He says and leaves without even letting me reply.

She left all her things here, what if she did find her father? What if she's already gone?

Find her

My wolf is fighting to take over and I let him. He runs out through the already broken back door and follows Rebecca's faint scent from last night. I smell fear and sadness on her. It makes my heart ache. All my life I've been told that I was too serious and that the moment I took on my position as the beta of this pack that things only got worse and worse. The only person who could get me to have fun was Trevor. I didn't realize until now that he was only doing it to get me to slip up. To find some way to get the position of beta. He was always jealous of me and that made him hate Mark. It's no wonder he betrayed us all, I drove him away. Just like I did with Rebecca but I won't let her be killed a traitor. She's mine. I won't lose her.

I feel my wolf getting angrier as the scent goes farther than we ever imagined and then becomes mixed with the scent of a male wolf, hopefully her father. For the next 3 hours I ran until I reached the city where finding her scent became even harder to track. But the male's scent was stronger, if I followed his I would definitely find her.

Night falls and I figure that a wolf wondering the streets wouldn't go unnoticed so I shift immediately and steal a jacket,pants and a pair of shoes from some department store and continue following the male's scent.