Chapter 16

"You remind me so much of her." Gabriel says and for the first time since I've met him I see him showing true raw emotion. He takes a seat on the leather couch adjacent to the desk but I stay standing on the other side of the room.

"My mate was human as well. Which back in my time was very common, it's how we made our packs bigger. But I wasn't a part of a pack." He says and I scoff, of course he wouldn't be.

"My mother was human turned wolf but when she gave birth to me I didn't shift at the age of 13 like every wolf did. My pack disowned me and left me to fend for myself. I eventually did shift when I turned 18. It was the most painful moment of my life and no one was there to guide me. I was left as rogue, and at that time we weren't seen as a threat, we were seen as a joke. I couldn't take the ridicule whenever I came across a pack. I saw them as the ones who left me and I sought revenge." He says his eyes showing and enormous fury burning within him, he clenches his fist together and takes a deep breath.

"I wanted revenge so bad I traded my soul for it. I was around 24 when I found the demon that would take it from me. I was the only immortal wolf in the world, stronger than any Alpha and what did I do with that power? I spent 80 years destroying packs knowing they weren't the ones who left me, but I did so anyways. Men, woman, and children. The whole pack had to be wiped out" His words make me feel sick, how could anyone be so heartless?

"I met Merriam in the 1700s, she was young but my God she was so smart, so wise." His eyes glaze over and small smile grows on his face as he thinks about her.

"My first mistake was not turning her. I didn't know how. I marked her as mine and I thought that's all it took but she never shifted and I never questioned it. Merriam...she deserved so much better. She knew what I was and worshipped my like a God. She told me her dream was to travel the world, to find her sister. I promised her we would but then..." he closes his eyes in pain and I walk slowly over to him as he puts his head down in shame.

"She was with child when we finally raised enough money to do it. She was scared the journey would make her lose the baby." He laughs bitterly and picks his head and gives me a cold look.

"She died giving birth to the monster I put in her." He says looking disgusted with himself.

"I left her body in that house, I took the child along with all our money and gave it to a priest, I told him my child wasn't a monster, they were a warrior sent to protect you. He believed it, like I was some angel sent to him." He says and my heart aches at his story.

"What happened to the baby?" I say and finally sit down next to him.

"I found out 15 years later that I had a son, William. I saw him only once. He was walking to school, he might of noticed me I'm not sure. I just remember him stopping and looking straight at the direction where I was hiding from him. He stayed there for a moment or two and then continued walking. I didn't know if he was a wolf until I met Crystal." He says and I look at him confused.

"What does she have to do with you?" I ask and he laughs softly.

"I made the priest promise me the boy would keep my name. Gabriel Devereaux." He says and stands up straighter and I look at him in shock, it couldn't be? Could she really be related to him?

"Gabriel. There must be different Devereaux' in this world you couldn't possibly believe that she is-" he stops me with just a look in his eyes and faces himself towards me while leaning close to look into my eyes, a chill runs through me as I stare into two different irises. He raises his pointer figure to the eye that is brown and shakes his head.

"I saved her life because of the blood we shared and with it I got a piece of my son with me. This eye. This color only I could recognize out of every shade of brown. Belonged to the woman I fell in love with and she passed it to our son who passed it to his great great great great great granddaughter, Crystal Deveraux." He says and I take a deep breath trying to understand all the new information I'm receiving.

"So Rebecca? Tell me now that you trust me. Who is the rogue trying to end my family line?" He asks and I close my eyes struggling to fight against the urge to lie.

"He's my father...Last time I saw him he was being dragged away by wolves but I guess they turned him. He keeps telling me he's going to steal me away." I say and he stands up making my heart race as he starts walking to the door.

"What are you doing?! You can't tell anybody!" I almost scream and he stops immediately.

He smiles and comes back closer to me,I think nothing about the space and only about who he's going to tell about my father.

"I'm not gonna tell anybody. But this new information won't stop me from killing him if I get the chance." He says and I can feel his breath on my face, it chills my body.

I groan in disgust as he presses his lips hard against mine, and wraps his arms around me. I push my hands against his chest and thrash around in his arms but he doesn't let go until he wants to.

"What the fuck was that?" I gasp and wipe my lips off while he keeps a smug smile on his face.

"I prefer a human over any wolf. I'll be damned if I wasn't gonna steal a kiss. Tell Jeremy and you'll die like your father." He laughs, looks like the cold demonic Gabriel is back.

He starts walking away from me again and my lips are hurting now, he kisses like an animal, it only makes me want to kiss Jeremy even more now.

"Wait! Just let me ask you something!" I say and he turns and looks at me.

"Why are you telling me this? Why haven't you told Crystal?" I ask and he laughs and turns around and starts unlocking the door and opening it.

"The mischievous part of me likes leaving everyone clueless about why I'm staying in this pack. But I'd like to have at least one person here to not completely hate me." He says and leaves without another word.

A/N: dont forget to vote and comment thank you :)