Chapter 23

My wolf wakes me at the unwanted presence in the room and I open my eyes immediately and cover Rebecca and growl loudly as her father stands in the doorway.

Rebecca wakes immediately,"What's happening?" Her voice sounds tired and she tries to sit up but I stop her.

"What's happening?....my own daughter betraying me." Her father says and turns on a floor lamp near the door.

"Dad..." her voice breaks again and he growls loudly making her shake, I growl loudly back at him and again she tries to get up but I won't let her be seen naked by anybody, even her father.

"You will let us leave. If you hurt her. I'll kill you." I say deadly serious and I don't hear any dissaproval coming from Rebecca. She wants to come back with me no matter what the cost.

He growls loudly and I see him breath heavily before shifting in the room and I do so immediately jumping off the bed, but when I leap at him he jumps out onto the fire escape and runs away.

Chase him. Rip him apart!!

My wolf yells but Rebecca's voice is the only thing to help me gather some self restraint and shift back. I take a deep breath and start picking her clothes of the floor and start putting mine on.

"We can't stay here tonight. Get dressed." I say and she does so immediately and I notice the way her legs shake as she puts her pants on.

"Come here. Do you think you can make it?" I ask holding onto her shoulders and I finally notice the bags under her eyes. She hasn't slept at all, just like me.

She nods her head but I don't believe her.

"I'm sorry. I need you to rest." I kiss her forehead and she looks at me confused. Using an old trick we use on newly shifted and angry teen wolves I pinch a nerve point in her neck that knocks her out cold. I catch her in my arms and carry her outside. I find some car to hot wire and steal it in order to make it back home faster, I lay her in the back seat carefully and rub her head soothingly, hopefully she won't be mad with me when she wakes up.

It's nearing dawn by the time we finally make it back. And of course right as I pulled up to my house Rebecca wakes up.

"What did you do to me?" She sits up quickly and grabs her head.

"Easy. I wanted you to rest. I'm sorry." I say and kiss her forehead.

"Whose car is this?" She ask looking around and I shrug my shoulders.

"Don't know. I'll have to get rid of it tomorrow I guess." I say and get out and walk over to the other side to open the door for her.

But the moment she takes one step out of the car I see her freeze immediately and I hear a growl coming from my house. I look over to see Crystal angrily walking towards us with Gabriel following calmly behind her with a smirk on his face.

"Crystal..I.." Rebecca's voice cracks and before I can even react Crystal slaps her across the face.

"He's gone! Because of you Mark has gone to Alpha Dylan's pack to stop this war! He could be killed all because of you and your stupid father!" She screams at her and I pull Rebecca behind me and growl at Crystal in order to get her to back down but she doesn't.

"Out of my way Jeremy now." She warns and I see her eyes turning black. She wants to fight I know she does and Rebecca wouldn't stand a chance against her.

"Better do what she says pup." Gabriel says and I notice his eyes turning black as well.

"No. I won't let you hurt her." I say holding my head high and Crystal growls loudly but this time Gabriel surprisingly holds her back.

"I trusted you Rebecca. I thought you were my friend. You've ruined everything." Crystal says as her eyes slowly return to their normal colors and I see them beginning to water.

She sniffles and looks at me now, "Keep her out of my sight." She says and walks away.

Gabriel looks between us for a moment before following after her. I hear Rebecca sniffle and I turn around to see her holding her cheek and tears running down her face.

"You should have just let her fight me. It's what she wanted." She chokes out and I shake my head and hold her to my chest.

"She would have hurt you. Pregnant female wolves are dangerous believe me. She just needs time to cool down." I kiss the top of her head and we start walking back inside my house.

"I didn't know I would hurt this many people." She says and I sigh not knowing what to say.

"It doesn't matter. You're back now and if things go bad you'll fight with us like a pack." I say even though I'm lying, even if there is fight I want her far from it.

"I want to go to sleep now." She whispers quietly but when I try to follow after her she stops.

"I wanna be alone." She says and I nod my head and let her walk away but I can't help the feeling of guilt forming in my stomach, I hated to see her like this.

"He'll be fine Rebecca. He's an Alpha. He's just gone to end this don't worry." I say and she nods her head and right at that moment I hear Gabriel trying to reach me in my head.

Get over to the house now. Mark is back.

"Rebecca I've got to go. Will you be okay on your own?" I ask and she nods her head.

"You can reach my for anything you know? As mates we're connected." I say and she looks at me confused.

"Come here." I run up to her quickly and kiss her forehead.

No matter where I am. I'll reach you here.

She smiles and closes her eyes.

Don't be gone long

I nod my head and kiss her one last time before running out the door. Gabriel didn't sound angry when he told me to come. He didn't sound either. It's frustrating to never know what he's feeling, I'm surprised he even had a mate.

I run up to the house immediately and smell blood, lots of it but it doesn't belong to anyone from our pack. I open the door and find Crystal being held by Mark, he smiles as he sees me enter. But a chill goes up my spine when I see the blood splattered across his face and soaked into his hair and clothes, I notice Isaac looks just the same as him and looks uncomfortable standing in the living room. What have they done?

A/N: Once again I hope you enjoy this chapter and I have some EXCITING NEWS to add that my new book, Gabriel, has been published which explains his past and I would really appreciate it if you guys gave it a look and tell me what you think since it also includes some back story on a new character I will introduce in my next book after I finish writing my human ^.^ please don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you :)