Chapter 24

"What the hell happened?" I ask looking between Mark and Isaac.

Mark whispers something into Crystal's ear and she looks back at me before going upstairs. At least she didn't look that angry anymore. He lifts the bottom of his shirt up to wipe the blood around his mouth before speaking.

"I lost my temper." Is all he says as he shrugs his shoulders.

"So you killed him?" I say surprised and Isaac laughs combing his hair back with his bloodied fingers.

"No. But I went through a lot of his members trying to. So when it comes to a fight we might actually have a upper hand on numbers." Mark smirks and I'm still staring between them surprised.

"So there is going to be a fight? You didn't reach any agreement?" I asked and he shakes his head and I see Gabriel hand him a towel now to wash away the blood from his face.

"I tried. But he kept pushing. And then Rebecca's father showed up going on about you raping his daughter and Dylan got cocky." Mark sighs and throws the towel on the ground in anger.

"I should have been there. I'm sorry." I say feel ashamed and he shakes his head and nods at Isaac who still looks uncomfortable.

"The pup surprisingly did well in the fight." He says and Isaac laughs and excuses himself, to wash up I presume since he looked way more bloodier than Mark.

"I hate to do this to her" Mark says looking upstairs where I assume Crystal is waiting for him.

"But I'll need to be more involved in the pack than ever before. He wants her dead. And I hate to do this to you too but I'll need you with me. Gabriel is going to be her only guard from now on." He says and my thoughts instantly return to Rebecca waiting for me at home alone.

"I heard about what happened with Crystal and Rebecca. And I'm sorry but I can't have her around stressing her out with the babies on the way. But I need you Jeremy. As your Alpha I command you to be at my side until this conflict is dealt with." He says and I nod my head immediately knowing I can't say no to him.

"Jeremy I need to know that Rebecca won't give her father any information." He raises an eyebrow at me and I nod my head. She can't still want to be with her father after everything that's happened.

"You can go now. I need to calm Crystal down after today and she's got another appointment today." He sighs and I nod my head and start walking out. I'm stopped when Gabriel puts his hand on my shoulder.

"I'll walk you out." He says following after me.

"How is Rebecca after the change?" He asks and I'm surprised he actually cares. He rolls up the sleeves of his black shirt and I just shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know. We haven't really talked about it yet." I say and he laughs.

"At least she wasn't alone." He says and for a second I thought I saw a hint of sadness flash through his eyes.

"I apologize. When I was alone with Rebecca I sort of mentioned that I was alone during my first shift in order for her to trust me more. As well as a couple other lies to figure out what she was hiding" He says and I look at him confused.

"Lie about what exactly?" I ask and he stops walking.

"My life. I see myself in you Jeremy. Lost and determined at the same time. Wishing you could change the situation. You're lucky to have her." He says and starts walking away.

"Why would you lie about your life?" I call out to him and he laughs.

"Because no one should know." He calls back and he shifts and starts running into the forest.

Apart of me is rather curious to know what Gabriel has seen and what he's done in his life time but I decided that it's his decision to remain a closed book.

I come home and hear the phone ringing immediately.

"Rebecca?" I call out but there's no reply.

"Rebecca??" I call again to go towards my office where the ringing is coming from.

I walk in and see her sitting by the phone just watching it ring.

"What are you doing? Who keeps calling?" I ask and reach for the phone when she grabs my wrist.

"Don't. It's my dad. I don't know how he got your number.." she says sounding sad.

"Answer it." I say and she looks at me confused.

"Answer Rebecca. Ask him what he knows. Help your pack." I beg her and she takes a deep breath before answering the phone.

"Dad." She says and I hear yelling on the other end and her eyes water, I wanna growl but I know he'll hear me.

"Yes. I'm alone." She says while looking at me and I hold her hand.

"I'm sorry. I know....yes I'm fine." She says shutting her eyes and I know it hurts her to talk to him. God knows what she must be thinking.

"Dad it's not safe for me to come back now...I'm sorry...just" she takes a deep breath and I hold her hand tighter.

"Tell me when you're coming to attack. I'll be ready then I promise and when everyone is distracted we can leave." She says and I hear him talking on the other end.

"Okay...okay dad I know. I promise. I love you too...bye.." She hangs up the phone and sniffles.

"December 26th. That's the day Dylan chose." She says and I nod my head already letting Mark know.

"You're not leaving again are you?" She grabs my wrist and looks up at me.

"No of course not. I'm yours for the rest of the day." I smile and sit down next to her.

"I've ruined everything. Crystal will never forgive me for putting her in danger. Why isn't Mark mad at me?" She sniffles and I just hold her to my chest.

"He's the one that told me to come after you in the first place. As for Crystal, she'll understand sooner or later. Don't worry." I say running my fingers through her hair.

"You can't keep me from fighting that day. I know what you were thinking. To lock me up with Crystal and other females. I'm a fighter Jeremy." She looks at me serious and I just sigh.

"I want you in my sight at all times..." I say regretting it. I'm still lying, after all we've been through I can't lose her in a fight like that even if she was the one that caused it.

The smile that forms on her face causes a ball of guilt to form in my stomach but I ignore it and hold her tighter.

"I guess I'm not gonna be coming over tomorrow when you watch over Crystal." She says sadly and I shake my head.

"I won't be either. I've been given a new position with Mark to make plans for the attack, it's a month away now we have to be ready." I say feeling worried myself, we've already suffered enough loss when fighting the Corvins.

"However Crystal will have only one guard now. Which means can come over and stay with you." I say and she looks at me confused.

"I trust you enough to be around a man your age although he acts much younger. He's one of fastest and strongest wolves. I want him training you, making you into a better wolf." I say and she closes her eyes and sighs, I can feel the satisfaction radiating from her wolf at this idea that I trust her. I do of course but that won't stop me from keeping her safe.

"I love you." She whispers in my ear and kisses my cheek.

A/N: Guys please make sure to check out my book on Gabriel I'll know you'll all love it! Don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you :)