Chapter four: The Third Wheel

Start from the beginning

Kai grunted, "Whatever.."

I rolled my eyes, "Let's just get Cole and get out of here."

"I agree," Jay said as he took my hand.

We headed outside where Cole, Zane and Lloyd were. Lloyd was cheering for Zane, even though he was losing.

"Ready Cole?" I asked.

Cole smiled, "Yep. How's Kai?"

"He's doing well, even though he's still angry at you."

"Oh he'll get over it one day," Jay replied, "Now come on, let's go eat I'm starving!"

"Have fun!" Lloyd shouted as Zane waved goodbye.

We created our elemental dragons then took off in the sky. I stayed beside Jay since he knew where the restaurant was.

"Which way is the restaurant?" I asked.

"Not far," Jay said, "Come on! Hurry up, Cole!"

We soared down out of the clouds until we saw Ninjago City. Jay pointed out in distance. I assumed that we've made it.

********

Jay's POV

Yes! We made it!

We landed on the sidewalk then headed inside. It smelled like french fries by the entrance.

The waitress took us to our table and gave our menus. We had a window seat, which is my favorite spot.

Now, don't think that I forgot about keeping an out on Cole, cause I haven't. It's kinda hard to if your girlfriend's sitting next to you.

I stared at him as he looked through the menu. Until our waitress came so we can order our drinks. Now I don't wanna get into details, we all got water.

Nya sighed, "This place is amazing. I mean, you can't even tell what kind of restaurant it is. I love mysterie."

I chuckled, "Me too."

The waitress arrived with our waters. I took a sip of mine as Nya continued to talk to me.

"I'm so glad that we have the time to do this. Especially with the three of us. I mean, it's not like there's gonna be an enemy lurking in Ninjago anytime soon."

I laughed nervous, "Yeah, that would be bad."

Yeah it would be. I stared at Cole again. He wasn't even paying attention. He had his ear buds on and played with his water.

"Hey, Cole," Nya tapped his shoulder, "Please not in here."

"Sorry," Cole took off his buds, "Was just waiting for you guys to be done."

"We are. Anyway, I think you know why we invited you over. Don't you Jay?"

I nodded in agreement. Cole stared at us with somewhat fearful eyes. He put his hands on his lap and waited for one of us to speak.

"You said that you didn't feel like you belong here right?" Nya asked.

Cole hesitated, "Well....yeah, but why are you guys taking this so seriously?"

"Well, it's just...we never heard you say anything like that before," Nya explained, "It's....not like you is what I'm saying. All we want to know is why have you been feeling so down lately?"

"Is it because you'll never find love?" I asked.

Cole shook head then hung it down. He pushed his menu away.