Chapter 48

You looked down to your feet, as the van slightly shook because of the bumps on the road.

You noticed Walter cast a quick glance to you, before returning his eyes on the road.

"Don't look so gloom, dear. It is for the best. Besides, look at how good you're behaving! Never have I seen you this calm. Such a good girl." You heard him chuckle to himself.

You sniffed, wiping your teary eyes with your sleeve.

"There, there, sweetheart. We're almost there." Walter smiled.

~

"Well, gee, wasn't that quite a fucking show?! Bra-fucking-vo." BEN sneered.

"Calm down, BEN." BRVR shook his head, glaring at BEN.

"How am I supposed to calm down?! First, we get held hostage. Second, this dense motherfucker thinks it's okay to have a make-out session with (Y/n) in front of everyone! Real fucking smooth." BEN crossed his arms.

"It wasn't a make-out session." Jack bluntly replied with a huff.

"Oh, yeah, no, it totally wasn't! Just because you 'know her longer' doesn't mean she likes you, wants you, or wants to do anything that has to do with you! She. Hates. You. Stop following her like a lost puppy!" BEN glared.

"Dark, you should probably tell them to shut up." BRVR sighed.

BRVR heard no response, which made him look over to Dark, who seemed like he was staring into the abyss of nothing.

"Dark?" BRVR snapped his fingers in front of Dark's face.

"Huh?" Dark snapped out of his trance, blinking a few times.

"You okay?" BRVR asked.

"I was just... thinking." Dark muttered to himself.

Dark cleared his throat and stood up straight, shaking his head.

"You two, enough." Dark stood in between Jack and BEN, pushing them both apart.

BEN just scoffed, crossing his arms.

"Is this really the time to be fighting? Shouldn't we be, I don't know, maybe rescuing someone once again from that crazy scientist?!" Sonic exclaimed, throwing his arms up in the air.

"She told me not to after her. None of us to go after her." Jack replied.

"So, we're just going to leave her there? That's the plan?!" Sonic exclaimed.

Jack shook his head.

"Of course not."

"Then what are we going to do?" Laughing Jack's voice rung out.

"Well, maybe... I know what to do." BEN said.

"What's your plan?"

~

"Home, sweet home."

You looked out the small car window, eyeing the huge building surrounded by fences.

You carefully exited the van, closing the door behind you.

You felt Walter's gloved hand gently grab yours, making your nose scrunch up in disgust.

"Back in we go, eh, sweetheart?" Walter chuckled, leading you to the front gate.

The gate was wide open, as if welcoming you back into the laboratory.

Your ears twitched before you felt Walter tugging you inside of the building.
As soon you entered the building, you felt the strong smell of chemicals immediately hit your nose.
Walter continued to lead you back to your old room, where you had stayed for so many years.
"We will get back to you as soon as possibe. Stay put, be a good girl and don't misbehave." You heard Walter speak up as he closed and locked the door.
You let out a sigh and laid down onto your old bed, pulling your knees up to your chin and wrapping your own, soft tail around your body.
You were tired of running, tired of escaping all the time.
Maybe this was destiny, maybe this was your fate.
Whatever it was, you were not going to run away.
~
"Hello?"
"Michael, hi."
Michael stared at the slightly shorter, blonde male in front of him.
"We've, uh, we've met before." BEN gave an awkward smile.
"Oh, yes! Ben, is it?"