The Thunder That Strikes The Very Sun

Natsu peeked behind a rock in the moonlit canyon. Next to him, sat Gray who was still clutching his fast beating heart.

"Well? Is she gone?" asked Gray.

"I think..." said Natsu. "Man, the girls in this guild will be the death of us."

"Tell me about it." said Gray. "I must have found Juvia under my bed a total of 30 times this past week."

"Hey.....Where's Happy?" said Natsu suddenly noticing that the blue cat that always hung around close by was missing.

"I think he was sleeping under a tree outside the cave." Said Gray.

"But I didn't seem there earlier........" Natsu shook his head. "Eh, I'm sure he's fine. Happy's probably just out for an evening flight or something."

"Natsu...I don't think that qualifies as okay." Gray pointed in the distance where the Happy and Mikoto could be seen running towards them.

"Oh! There ya are Happy!" shouted Natsu, oblivious to the looks of panic on Happy and Mikoto's faces. "Where've you been buddy!?"

"Natsu!!! RUN!!" shouted Happy.

"Eh?"

"Just listen to him you dopes!!" shouted Mikoto. "Before I make you run!!!"

"Y-yes ma'am!!"

Natsu and Gray started running along side Mikoto and Happy (actually Happy was flying.)

"Can somebody tell us why we're running?" Said Gray. "Because it looks like you guys have seen a ghost or something."

"No time to explain!!" said Mikoto in a frightened voice. "Just keep running if you want to live!!!"

"Don't tell me!!" said Natsu with a look of terror on his face. "Erza's finally lost it hasn't she!!??"

"I wish!!" shouted Happy. "Then she would totally take down that thing that's chasing us!!!!"

"Chasing us?"

Gray and Natsu suddenly heard a massive feline roar and looked up at the moon behind them to see a massive black panther the size of a house with bat wings and a trail of purple flames running from his fur flying towards them.

"It's evil Happy!!!" Shouted Natsu.

"Where the heck did you meet that thing!!??" shouted Gray. "And couldn't we just fight it or something!!!??"

"Trust me!" said Mikoto. "I've already tried fighting that thing, and it is soooo not happening. It's like his fur is made of rubber or something, he doesn't conduct any of my electric moves. And when I tried my Iron Chain Sword, it just glanced off him like it was nothing!!"

"Well we haven't tried fire magic yet!!" said Natsu stopping in his tracks and facing the monster panther.

"Natsu wait!!" shouted Gray as he and the others also stopped in their tracks. "We don't know what that thing can do yet, we have to regroup first!"

"Roar of the Fire Dragon!!!!" Natsu blew a great tounge of flame from his mouth which completely engulfed the monster cat.

However, the flames turned purple and absorbed itself into the panther's fur. The monster gave a growling laugh. "Fools!! This is the sacred feline of the sun god Nekoking, it's body was made from sacred flame!! "Neither fire, ice, nor pure energy will pierce it's hide!!"

"It TALKS!!?" said Natsu with his jaw dropping.

"Seriously!!" said Mikoto. "That thing just absorbed your fire like it was nothing, plus you hang out with a talking flying cat all the time, and you're worried about that monster being able to talk!!!???