Queen of Thunder

MIkoto found herself sitting on the back of Thundaarixx, flying through the clouds. Once again, they were flying above Academy City. It was still nighttime and this time the clouds weren't the only things in the sky. In the distance, Mikoto could make out the outlines of other dragons, all of them in varying in scale color and size. The city below looked like it was in absolute turmoil.  Dragons rampaged through the streets while members of Academy City's police force known as Anti-Skill were attempting to fight back without any luck, their automatic weapons being absolutly useless against the dragon's bullet proof scales.

"What's happening?" Mikoto asked Thundaarixx. "What's going on here?"

"You are seeing one of the many possible futures that may come to pass." said Thundaarixx. "This is currently the most imminent future. This world is not the only place in which dragons exist. Our kind exist throughout all of time and space. But we share one thing in common..........We are all connected by the same magic."

"Same magic?" said Mikoto confused. "I don't get it. You're talking about magic as if it isn't all the same. And why are you talking about we as if I'm one of you? I'm no dragon."

"While magic is indeed all comprised of the same supernatural energy, it is also seperated into different natures. There are four main natures that magic is classified into. Firstly, is ordinary mortal magic. This magic is constantly used by the magicians of your world and the mages and guilds of the world in which you currently are. The second kind of magic is the kind that is comprised of life force. The third magic is what is known as God Slayer magic. It is a destructive magic that is shrouded in much mystery. The fourth magic is known as Dragon Slayer magic, or as the magicians in your world call it: Drakon Force. Drakon Force can only be obtained through two means.......Either one must be taught and given it as a gift by a dragon like your friend Natsu Dragneel, or they must have been blessed by a dragon before they were born.

"Oooookay?" said Mikoto. "Still don't know how that answers my question."

"Do you know how you were born little esper?"

"Ummmm....in a hospital I guess? Mom and Dad never were very specific........"

"But were you ever aware of what happened right before your birth? Did your mother ever tell you about the injured dragon that once lay just outside her family home?"

"What?" Said Mikoto feeling very taken aback. "What are you talking about?!"

"Years ago, a month after your mother's pregnancy was declared, I decided to take a flight in the light of the full moon as was the custom of my race in the days of old. However the world had changed since my last flight. The air was no longer a place for dragons. I was seriously injured by the U.S. government who believed I was a terrorist spy craft. I was able to escape by flying into Tokyo airspace, but I could not hold on till I made it to my home in the mountains, I crash landed just outside your home where your mother lay sleeping. She awoke and despite her pregnancy, she began to tend to my wounds. I could not believe it, a human, the age old enemies of dragons, was helping me. It destroyed every preconcieved notion I had about their race. And so I stayed with your family a while until I could heal my injuries. I hid myself in your parent's garage where I was barely able to conceal my massive form. I constantly warned your mother of the complications I would cause with my presence, but she refused to hear them and continued to care or me. Eventually, when I returned to my full strength, I decided to stay for the last stretch of your mother's pregnancy. The magic aura which I emitted after my powers returned was beneficial to her health and I figured the least I could do was help her bring you into this world. However, despite my power, you grew weak inside your mother's womb. The doctors could not figure out what was wrong with you.......

So I gave your mother one last thing. I breathed my life force into her womb and granted you my dragon's blood. I told your mother that in doing so, that you became as much my child as you were hers. However she merely smiled and thanked me, and told me that she would have made me godmother anyways. After your birth, I flew off to rejoin my kind in the mountains........and now my power and blood run within you.....my daughter."

Mikoto just sat there on Thundaarixx's back dumbfounded as if she just heard that Accelerator had decided to take singing lessons. "You're saying that you're my.........my..........my..............."

"Your half-mother........not uncommon for dragons back in 2000 AD I might add."

"This has to be a dream."

"Of course this is a dream child. But that doesn't mean it's not real. There has been a prophecy Mikoto Misaka, one that threatens to tear the very world apart unless you learn to use both your dragon and esper powers in unison."

"But you're wrong." said Mikoto. "I can't use Dragon Slayer magic. Wendy is a Dragon Slayer and look what happened to me once I used her support magic."

"There is a secret about level 5 espers that not even the city administrator Aleister Crowley knows of. It is a trait that is possibly the most baffling of all regarding espers. It is the fact that when an esper becomes powerful enough, it becomes possible to use magic. However the magic must follow several conditions. Firstly the magic can only be that was originally developed naturally by living things, in other words, magic that is common in Fiore thanks to the humans who have a natural well of magic power in them. Secondly, it must be their own power, that is why you were unable to use the Sky Maiden's support magic, it was not your own so your esper nature rejected it. So now you must learn to use your own hidden magic........"

"But I've never felt any magic power before..." said Mikoto. "What if I can't.....?"

"You must try." Said Thundaarixx in a grave voice. "For if you don't....this future which we currently whitness will become as sure as the next day's moon rise."

Thundaarixx flew down low among the buildings of Academy City. The images Mikoto saw were terrible. She saw students and children of all ages dead on the streets while the dragons razed all that was in their path. She saw her friend Kuroko Shirai attempting to guide survivors into the underground shopping district while several large dragons attempted crush them. Accelerator was barely fighting off several dragons at once, one of his legs was broken and an arm was missing. Mikoto could also see her fellow Fairy Tail members somehow still alive and cornered, Natsu was holding a bloody unconscious Lucy and yelling defiantly. But the most frightening image was that of her friend Touma Kamijou who was holding what was unmistakenly her. Only this Mikoto Misaka, unlike the one currently observing this bleak future, was dead. Touma was crying out with grief while a girl in a white nun's habit named Index watched with an expression of doom and sadness.

"No......." Mikoto couldn't watch anymore. "No.......no.......make it stop!!"

"I cannot." said Thundaarixx sadly. "Only you can change this future my daughter."

"But what can I do?"

"You are the heir of the Lord of the Sparking Skies. You are my daughter. You are the Queen of Thunder. You will find the answer........as long as you learn to look within."

The dream suddenly began to swim and blur. Mikoto's audience with Thundaarixx the Thunder Dragon was coming to an end.

"Wait!!" Mikoto shouted desperately. "What do you mean by that!? Tell me!!"

"Farewell Mikoto Misaka..........May we meet again Railgun of Fairy Tail.............."

The dream ended.