The Dragon Within

"Lucy!! I'm hungry!!" Happy complained as he clung on to Mikoto's leg with a forlorn expression on his cat face.

"We'll eat when we find food!" said Lucy for what must had been the hundreth time. "SO STOP COMPLAINING!!!"

MIkoto rubbed her stomach sadly. They had been wandering the forest for about 6 hours, the sun had almost set and all four of team Natsu had stomachs which were rumbling like earthquakes. Oh what Mikoto would have given for an ice cream sundae, or even just a nice instant ramen. But the only edible things out here were tree bark and grass. And right now the bark on those trees were looking quite tasty.

Mikoto shook her head. "No...I am not an animal. I WILL NOT EAT BARK!!!"

"Eh?" Natsu looked at Mikoto. "What about ardvaarks?"

Mikoto went pink, she hadn't realized she had said everything out loud. "Eh, its nothing....its just that.....well....." Mikoto's stomach suddenly gave out a large roar.

"Idiots." Gravix said, he was being carried arround like a backpack by Natsu.

"Hey!" said Mikoto as an arc of electricity jumped of her forehead. "We can do without the attitude!"

"Yes ma'am." said Gravix meekly (3 hours ago he called Mikoto a little girl which hadnt ended well for him).

"I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!" Natsu shouted. "I HAVE TO FIND SOMETHING TO EAT NOW!!!"

"Well you better get used to feeling empty in the belly area," said Gravix. "Because like I said before, its impossible to get back to our guild headquarters without going through this forest."

"Why are you helping us?" Lucy asked suspiciously. "You said before that you would never tell us anything, but now you're leading us to your headquarters."

"Well my mission was to bring that electric wizard back alive. I don't see how this way is any different. prepare yourself fools, Black Whisper's abilities are of a type you have never seen before-."

"Let me guess," said Mikoto. "Black Whisper has the ability to manipulate portals that can instantly send you to any place in the globe he chooses."

"H-how did you know that!?"

"It's an esper ability called Teleportal. Its an ability that only one esper in history has ever gotten, a level 5 who disappeared from Academy City about 20 years ago." said Mikoto. "And you just helped me confirm that it was him. Thanks."

"You think yourself so smart girl." said Gravix harshly. "But though you think you know him, you know nothing of his vast magic power!"

"Wow magic power? " Mikoto said shaking her head. "You really weren't listening during my little speach 6 ours back right?"

"I think he was unconscious." Said Happy weakly. "Fish.......fisssshhhh......"

"Happy why are you clinging on to my leg?"

"Your skin is so soft, how do you do it?"

"I just used the moisturizer Lucy gave me."

"But Lucy's skin is nowhere near as soft as yours!"

"Why do I feel like we've had this conversation before?"

Suddenly Natsu pointed out into the distance. "Hey look!! It's a town!"

Sure enough, a little ways ahead was what looked like a cluster of wooden buildings in the middle of the forest. Lucy looked at the map with a confused expression on her face.

"That's strange." said Lucy. "There is absolutely nothing here about a settlement in the forest." Lucy looked at Gravix.

"I am just as confused as you are regarding this." said Gravix. "But there is something different about the gravitons in the area. I'm certain that area is not sa-"