Hydra Head Rising

In a dark cave all the way on the southern beach of Fiore , there dwelled what was probably the most secretive guild in all of the small country. Their reputation wasn't big. But that was alright. The guild never had an eye for fame. Their main strength wasn't in how famous they were, but how well they hid their strength, it allowed them to carry out their operations without interference from other guilds. This guild was called Hydra Head. This guild had a dark secret however, it was a secret kept even from it's guild members. It was the fact that Hydra Head's guild master was not actually a wizard. He was an esper. This man was known as Black Whisper. He had long forgotten his real name and he had no doubt that the world from whence he came had long since forgotten him. Back in that world, back in that city of science known as Academy City, Black Whisper had been one of the first level 5 espers to exist in that city over 20 years ago. His ability was the power to create portals to other locations. He could concentrate and instantly conjure up a worm hole to any location, that had been when he was level 5. However, he wanted more. Level 5 wasn't enough, he wanted level 6, the level no esper had ever reached. But in his quest for god like power he treaded too far. In an overboard experiment, he had created a wormhole to another dimension, the dimension on which he now dwelled. He had been trying to recreate the experiment ever since. However, never had he had any success until some months ago. He, for just a brief moment, had opened a portal back to his world. The result had been that he had accidentally brought back someone from that world, by sending someone through the portal, the result had been that it closed....permanently. Now he was convinced that the only way to reopen the portal, was to erase that person's existence. Black Whisper sat on a large wooden throne under a large magic light at the very back of the cave. From the shadows, his second in command, Zvesda emerged. He had wild black hair and shredded black robes. he looked up at the hooded and cloaked form of Black Whisper.

"Master."

"You may speak."

"We have news of our quarry." Zvesda continued. "After tracking her, we have concluded that she has joined one of the guilds up north."

"Which one?"

"Fairy Tail my master."

Black Whisper stirred beneath his hood. So the girl had managed to join a wizards guild, that meant she had to be an esper, that was the only explanation. But to think she would choose Markorav's brood of all places. This was going to be interesting.

"Go, bring Gravix and Aqualas with you. Capture the girl.

"And if Fairy Tail resists.....?"

"Then crush them.......crush them all."

Miles away in Magnolia town Mikoto, Erza, Lucy, Natsu, Gray, and Happy were walking back to the guild.

"You must strike me!" Erza was saying. "My honor demands it!"

"R-really, I don't think that's necessary." Said Mikoto.

Earlier, on the train ride back, Natsu and Gray had started fighting again. It would have turned into a full blown fire and ice hurricane had it not been for Natsu's motion sickness. Erza had felt that in order to stop the bickering and Natu's suffering, that it was best to knock Natsu out cold. So she gave Natsu a sharp elbow jab in the stomach, which thanks to Erza's monster strength, had caused Natsu to throw up all over Mikoto. Lucy had lent Mikoto a spare black shirt and blue shorts, but that hadn't stopped Erza from fervently requiring that Mikoto hit her for penance.

"Really, it's not a big deal!" Mikoto said. "That outfit was dirty anyways, honest!"

"But I must repay you somehow!" Said Erza. "I would be honored get you anything you need!!"

Meanwhile Natsu and Gray had started another fight behind Erza and Mikoto's back.

"You take that back you flaming freak!!"

"Why should I Lemon Pop!?"

"Because I'm pretty sure that if I were a flavored ice pop I would be blue berry!!!!"

"Well too bad sour lemons!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Lucy just sighed. "Really, of all the things you guys have ever argued about, this is the dumbest."

"Aye," said Happy nodding. "Natsu, you need to have more dignity in what you argue about."

Mikoto's eyes suddenly glinted dangerously. "Dignity........? You made me get harassed by perverted bandits, and you talk to me about dignity.........?"

"A-aye?" Happy suddenly looked a little scared.

Mikoto took out a small silver coin and rested it on her thumb. "Happy? Have you ever heard of a railgun?"

"R-Railgun?"

"It's where I can shoot projectiles at high speed using electromagnetic propulsion. I thought I would give you a demonstration....."

Happy suddenly flew off. Mikoto ran after him furiously .

"Hey!! Come back here!!!"

"No!! I'm too cute to die!!!

"Yeah!!? Well Gekota is way cuter then you!!!"

"I don't even know who that is!!!!"

Lucy watched Mikoto chase after Happy. "Honestly, just when I thought this guild wasn't going to get any crazier." Lucy smiled. "Yep, you'll fit right in."

5 hours later, the sun had set over Fiore, Mikoto and Lucy watched as Markorav and Mirajane locked up the guild hall for the day.

"So," said Lucy. "What did you think about your first job?"

"Well it was something else, I'll say that." However Mikoto couldn't stop the smile on her face. She had to admit, it had been at least a little bit fun.

"So, do you live in this area? We could walk home together."

"Uhhhh....." Mikoto paused wondering if she should say something. "I kinda don't actually live anywhere yet."

"Eh!? Then where have you been sleeping these past few days!?" Lucy exclaimed

Mikoto looked down and muttered something about park benches.

Lucy gave Mikoto a nod. "Well that won't do, come on, let's go!"

"Huh? Where?"

"My place silly, I have a spare mattress somewhere!" Lucy said winking.

"Eh!? You don't have to-."

"Don't worry about it, it's what friends are for."

A little later, Mikoto and Lucy were in Lucy's house.

"And this is my room." Lucy said as she opened the door. "It's a little cluttered at the moment but it's- NATSU WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!!!???"

Sure enough Natsu Dragneel was lying fast asleep on Lucy's bed with Happy snoozing soundly at his side.

"Honestly, why does he keep doing this!?" Lucy exclaimed as she shook Natsu awake.

"Eh? Lucy hi!" Natsu said the moment he woke up.

"Natsu get out of my bed!!"

"But it's so comfy!!"

"I know how to get him out." Mikoto said.

Sparks began to jump out of her bangs. Mikoto walked over to Natsu slowly. "Hey Natsu, are you feeling comfortable?"

Natsu grinned. "Yep! Sorry, but there isn't much room left."

"Oh," Mikoto said. "Don't worry about that, I think I know how to solve that problem."

Those looking at Lucy's house from the outside that night would have sworn they saw blue flashes of electricity coming from the topmost window.

Actually, as it so happened, there was someone watching the house. In the canal that ran next to the home a strange blue haired man was slowly rising out of the water....almost as if he had come from nothing. Aqualas, master of water god slayer magic watched the moon in silence.

"The world........" He murmured. "I must have the world............"