Chapter 4: Special Powers and Corruption.

Niall’s P.O.V.

“Liam! Help me!” I screamed in panic as demons appeared, charging straight at me from out of nowhere. I instantly did a backflip and landed a few feet away from them in full angelic fighting form with my sword and now my shield. The first demon got close enough and my blade met his head causing him to vanish in a puff of red smoke. The second demon however, was a different story, because he was right behind the first, so I had to jump back to dodge him.

“Pitiful angel. Worthless angel. You don’t belong anywhere, do you little one?” The demons all were shouting at me. I felt so lost without backup. Liam wasn’t helping me at all. He was just standing there next to that filth Miryas. Miryas was just watching me fight. He had a small smile on his face and Liam had a neutral look on his face.

“Come here little angel.” I felt a blade coming from behind and flew up into the sky. My wings instantly spread as soon as I felt like I was high enough. I turned my gaze downwards and saw at least twenty demons coming straight for me. My blood was boiling and I decided to do something crazy and charged right at them. The demons stopped in midflight, completely stunned that a lone angel was diving straight at them. I bypassed them all and landed back on the ground with a boom, causing the pavement around me to crack a little.

I turned to face Liam and Miryas. I was about to charge at Miryas before a demon landed in front of me. Pretty soon, I was completely surrounded by demons again with not a single chance of winning this fight. I raised my sword and shield to prepare for the last fight I would ever have. I felt a strange tug of power near me, which caused me to steal a glance toward Liam and Miryas. They are both gone and I felt sick to my stomach. I just hate the feeling that Liam left me to die like this. I feel another tug of power and see the demons running away from something to my right.

Before my eyes stood Louis, Harry and Zayn! It was a complete miracle and now we had an extreme chance of winning this fight. All three were prepared for battle with Louis’s huge wings dominating the very sight. An angel’s wing size determines their strength, but only after they find out their special power or powers. Zayn’s wings were the next biggest and Harry’s were the same size as mine. I heard a deafening roar and turned to see a massive demon running straight at Louis.

Louis easily side stepped the demon and cut the thing with his sword. The wound instantly healed and before long there was a battle between it and Louis. Zayn was battling a small group of demons close to where Louis was fighting. His sword hissed with divine delight as it sliced a demon completely in half. Harry was to my left now and fighting another small group of demons. I heard a screech and saw red smoke coming from where a demon once stood. Harry turned quickly and sliced another demon. I smiled to myself because he was a natural fighter. I was having my own struggles against the other demons. I blocked one of the thrusts that came at me with my sword and blocked a swing at the same time with my shield. I was getting really confident with my battle abilities now and swung my sword in an arch killing two demons in one swing.

I heard a slam and a gurgled yell. I shot up into the air just a little bit to see Louis on the ground with his sword in front of him. The demon was grinning with evil delight, walking slowly toward him. There was a huge circle around the two because the demons wanted to see what their leader was going to do. The demon reached a certain spot and stopped.

“See here you pathetic angel trash. Your strongest one isn’t even a match for me.” He smirked and raised his sword. I heard a shout from somewhere and by the time I blinked out of confusion; there in front of Louis, was Harry.

“I will not let you harm him, you vile sick bastard.” Harry’s words were laced with anger.

“A pathetic, no special power angel is going to stop me?” He practically boomed with laughter after he finished his words. “You are now so high and mighty is that it?” He sneered.