Okay and?

Neariah's POV:

"I don't wanna go." I whined as my best friend and I walked to 6th period. "Don't worry NeNe, lunch is next." Hunt said. "Yea, like I'm hungry." I scoffed. "Young lady you better lose the attitude." "Sorry dad." I pouted and he wrapped his arm around me, Bec's not here today, I cried when she told me that she wasn't coming.

"Yea yea." He walked me to class, he took his arm off of me and smiled. "I need you to hype me up." "Right. Uh... You can do this." He said, awkwardly. I gave him a look and he shrugged, "More, Hunt. You can do better." He sighed and started shaking me. "You got this!!! Go in there and ignore the jerk! Your going to slay this shxt." He stopped.

My eyes were super wide and I started laughing. "Now that's what I'm talking about." I said before giving him a best friend handshake. He chuckled, "No problem ole chum." He said in a british accent.

I laughed before going into history. Stupid class. I growled when I walked in.

The class was half way full, but once everybody is here? All hell breaks loose.

I walked to the last row and sat in the second seat, which was mine, sadly.

The bell rung and our teacher stood up. "Good after noon, class." Some kids mumbled a response and he smiled,

"Okay, so... Today we're going to do some notes over China. I groaned silently.

Someone knocked on the door and Mr. Chance walked over and opened it. "Well hello there, about time you showed up." He said, cheerfully.

I rolled my eyes and got on my phone, already knowing who it was. "Sup, Steve." He said to our teacher who just walked back to his seat.

He closed the door and I know he was walking to his seat like he was in a dam movie. "Wassup Viola." Some guys said and I just shook my head.

He came and sat in the seat next to me, I have no idea why, its not even his seat. I could feel his eyes on me, I just kept scrolling down my timeline.

"Aye."He whispered. I looked over and he wasn't talking to me, great. "Thanks." He whispered as he started copying down the notes which is a first.

"Okay, so, footbinding was basically when the elite Chinese women would wear super small shoes that would break the bones in their feet so that their feet could be smaller. It was very painful. Meanwhile, the poor Chinese women didn't wear them, so eventually it ended." I cringed, fxck a lil feet.

Class was boring as usual, it's been three days since Fire and I have talked, I don't wanna run behind him, but what happens if I don't? He's awesome, low key though.

The bell rung and everyone jumped up. I was the last to leave. I turned the corner and walked to my locker, where the hell is Hunt?

I put in my combination and put my things in. Gym was next. I closed my locker and four girls were staring at me and if looks could kill, I'd be six feet under this school.

I raised an eyebrow. "Yea, I saw you talking to my man." She said, hitting her friend in the face with her hair when she flipped it. I snorted, "Who?" "Jean, duh." I had to hold in my laughter. "Okay and?" "He can't have no friend girls, so stay away from him or we're going to have a problem." She caught me off guard, I just stood there boredly. "Did you hear me?" I smirked. "Nah, I didn't." "I said st-" "Nawl, you tell him to stay away from me." "You have a smart mouth." Her friends nodded in agreement. "Yep, and a hard ass fist." "Sweetheart please." She scoffed. "Girl boo, I don't fight over boys, but we can sure clap." They clap and I rolled my eyes. "We shall clap, now stay away from my man, he doesn't want you." I laughed, "You and him probably got some, why would I want some that you had?" I scrunched up my face. She sighed dramatically, "You got it too, you wish you had what I have." "Girl bye. Pull up when you wanna clap." "i'm not about to fight a freshman." I laughed again, "Sophomore. Petty ass wanna be junior." She gasped. She was about to speak again, but I walked off, I don't like doing all of that talking.

I walked into the super loud lunch room, scanning for Hunter. I smiled when I saw him looking around, probably for me.

I walked over to our table and sat down. He looked at me and sighed. "Where the hell were you?" I laugh, "Some bxtch who "talks" to Jean, called herself trying to check me at my locker.

He dropped his sandwich. "What happened." I smacked my lips. "She go try to tell me to stay away from him." I rolled my eyes. "The only time yall are around each other is when we're with J em." "Exactly! To be honest, I don't care, if I wanted him I could've been got him." He nodded. "You got tea?" "Nah, he's just acting normal now. Has he said anything to you yet?" I shook my head. "Can you see him?" He raised up out of his chair a little and then turned his head. "Nope. He's not here." I sighed, "I didn't do anything to that boy." "Maybe he thinks otherwise." "I don't see how, I know he saw what Jean did. Then, his lil slow ass go say some about us being in a book and I need to be his before the author kills us." Hunt busted out laughing, which made me join in.

He was wiping his eyes as his laughter came down to chuckles. I just grinned at him. The bell rung and we got up. "I wasn't even here that long." "Should've never entertained those plastics." I laughed as we walked to my locker.

"I miss Bec." I said as I opened my locker and got my stuff out. "I do too." He said when I closed my locker.

We walked into the cold gym. "See ya in 5 minutes, Ne." Hunt said and I nodded. Bec, bxtch you better be here tomorrow.

I walked into the girls locker room and it smelled like cat (not the animal), period, feet and must. I scrunched up my nose, went to my locker and changed.

I sat at the top bleacher, patiently waiting for Hunter. Some girls came in and sat down, the guys always come a second late and sit on the bottom bleachers and vice versa.

A few minutes later the coach came out. "Alright boys! Get your butts out here." He yelled. Seconds later, they all came walking out, like they were just the shxt.

I rolled my eyes and watched my best friend talk to Fire Head, Dee and Jean. The top of my lip turned up and I just texted Bec, telling her that we were coming over after school and I had some tea to spill.

"Alright, today your going to run the mile." Coach said, looking on his clip board. I didn't mind, I love running, no wonder Bec lazy ass didn't come, she runs but she don't do it unless she has to.

"Alright, lets go out to the track. We got up and followed each other out the back doors of the gym.

It was hooooot. "Oh my gosh it's so hot out here. Sadie, did you bring sun screen?" The girl said and her friend shook her head, "No, sorry." "Ugh!"

We all lined up on the track, ready to get this over with! "You will have 20 minutes to complete this, after you finish, you can play flag football or walk around the track." "On your mark... get set... go!" I looked at Hunt and he nodded, we started off jogging.

"I'm not about to run." The girls mumbled as we pass by them. "I told Bec that we were coming over." I said as we ran. "Cool, I can't come as soon as school is out though." He said as we made it to our second lap.

"How come?" "Football practice." "You serious about this?" "Hell yea, I'm gonna run track with yall too, so don't worry." "Your such an athlete." I laughed. "Hell yea! Ima tank girl." He chuckled.

"Almost there!" I said, tiredly as we sprinted to the finish line. We finished all four laps.

"Yes! We did it." He cheered, giving me a hard high five. "What was yall time?" Coach asked. "10.28." "Both of you?" "Yes sir." He wrote down our time.

"Alright, go get dressed, you have 3 minutes." Dam, he should've sent us in a long time ago! Fire em finished a few minutes after us, everyone else looked and acted like they were about to die.

"Come here." Hunter said. I looked up and he was smiling. I got up and followed him to the water fountains.

"What?" I whispered and he had a huge grin on his face. "Hunter, stop smiling and tell me." I whispered yelled, trying to not sound like I was going to laugh. Too late, "Tell me." I laughed. "I know how you can get J to talk to you again." My eyes got wide. "How?" I squealed and he chuckled.