|Chapter 28|

*CARLY'S POV*
Alyssa drove us to the restaurant, since she was the only one who aced her drivers test on the first try. Mo and I were still trying to get behind the wheel, legally, at least. I sat in the passenger seat, eager to have a beautiful dinner with my favorite people on this Earth. Mo sat in the back, stretching her seat belt into the buckle and leaning one arm on mine and Alyssa's seats, reapplying her already incredible lip gloss. She smacked her lips and giggled.
"You think they'll be surprised?" She asked, grinning from ear to ear.
"Of course. We're about to blow them away." Alyssa stepped on the gas and bit her lip as the light turned green. She sped up until she was going 80mph on a 40mph road. I laughed and rolled my window down, sticking my hand out to feel the 60 degree breeze in my wavy blonde hair. Just then, Mo's phone chirped. It was Shawn.
"Hey, Lyss, look at what Shawn just texted me." Mo grinned showing her screen to Alyssa, who turned around instantly, curious. She was still going 80, maybe even 85. I didn't have time to check, because just as she turned, the light switched to red. She didn't brake.
"ALYSSA, IT'S RED. STOP!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. But it was too late. in the middle of the intersection, a blue truck smashed into the right side of Alyssa's car. The passengers side. After that,
Everything.
Went.
Black.

*TAYLOR'S POV*
The guys and I were sitting in a booth, waiting for the beautiful ladies to show up so we can order our meals and laugh and talk until our mouths can't take it anymore and we just sit there in a silence that, would not be awkward at all, but peaceful and interesting, and nobody would be bothered because we're all best friends and nothing will ever be awkward between any of us. Johnson had just told the corniest joke I've ever heard when Shawn decides to text Mo and ask how close they were and how amazing Alyssa looks tonight. Mo read it, but did not respond, which was weird considering she was always on her phone and always complained about how Jacob always leaves her on read when he's annoyed with her. Shawn worried, and began to believe maybe something went wrong, or he said something wrong, but we all assured him everything was fine and she was probably just gonna surprise us. Twenty minutes went by, and now we were all worried. What if something did go wrong? What if that weird man kidnapped them? What if they were in danger? Questions wandered through my confused head as the world began to spin around me. An unknown number was calling me. I picked up.
"Hello?" I started, terrified.
"Hi. Is this Taylor Caniff? I have news for you." A man responded in a very monotone voice.
"Yes. What is it. Are they okay?"
"Is who okay? Carly Harrison, Alyssa Martin, and Mahongony Gordy?"
"Yes! Yes, yes, yes. Are they safe?" At this point all of the guys were listening to our conversation closely, so i put the man on speaker so we could all hear him.
"They're not doing so good. They got into a mild car accident at 5th & 6th North Bound. Alyssa has a mild concussion, Mohagony is in a critical condition, but she'll be fine, and Car-" I cut him off.
"What about Carly. Please tell me Carly's okay..." I waited for a response, my vision getting blurry very quickly as the seconds fly by in slow motion.
"Carly is in very critical condition. She was hit the hardest and was hurt the most by the impact. We're getting them to the hospital now. You can meet us there, 701 Forest Avenue. I'm very sorry that this had to happen today." And he hung up. By now I was balling. No. This can't be real, it just can't. Not Carly. Not today. Not me. This can't be real, it just can't. Not now. Not us. Not me. This can't be real, it just can't. I grabbed several tissues, grabbed my keys and jacket and sprinted to my truck, eager to get there and see her as fast as possible. Everyone piled in and we sped to the hospital, worried and concerned for our amazing friends.

*ALYSSA'S POV*
I am still awake. I am not sure why, nor how, but I know that I'll make it out alive. Then my thoughts kick in. What have I done? Is Carly okay? Is Mohagony okay? I hope they are. And by the way, someone take my drivers license. I don't deserve it.

*MOHAGONY'S POV*
I'm nearly dead. I'm dying. I can tell. I'm losing blood rapidly, and although I can hear and feel everything they're doing for me, to help me survive, I cannot believe what just happened. I cannot process why it had to, or why I interrupted Alyssa while she was driving recklessly. I could've saved us. But instead, I almost killed us. And by the way, someone take my phone. I don't want it.

*CARLY'S POV*
My. Heart. Stops. I cannot think. I cannot move. I cannot talk. I cannot walk. I cannot smell, or feel. I cannot hear, taste, or see. Most importantly, I cannot breathe. All I can do is lay here, and hope, pray for someone to save me, us, and help me recover, if I can. And by the way, someone take my pulse. If it's there.

A/N; Heyyyyyyy... sorry it was a little heartbreaking. I WAS TOLD TO CONTINUE THIS STORY!!! i'm so excited! Love you guys sm, I'll keep you updated.❤️