|Chapter 23|

*CARLY'S POV*
Our double date was taking place down near the shoreline. A cute basic picnic by the water. I was very excited to hang out with my best friends! We got home from Six Flags and getting dressed for later tonight. I wore a flowy crop top that read "MOTAVATOR" because seriously, who doesn't love Beth? I wore that with white, high wasted denim shorts and flip flops. I curled my hair and applied mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick. I finished and walked outside of the bathroom to find Alyssa standing there. She looked amazing tonight! I absolutely loved her look. She wore a cute PINK crop top with high wasted jeans and a pair of white converse. She straightened her dark hair and applied light make-up.
"OMG ALYSSA! YOU'RE GORGEOUS!" I screamed hugging her.
"GURL! YOU TOO!" Se replied screaming back. She hugged me unbelievably tight.
"Girl, chill you're going to mess up my curls." I said pushing her off and adjusting my hairstyle.
"Oops sorry! Ready to go?" She asked.
"Yup! Let's get the guys!" We grabbed the picnic cloth and basket and left to find Tay and Shawn.
I spotted the boys waiting in the lobby for us.
"Hey guys!" I shouted towards them waving. Their heads shot up and their jaws dropped.
"Carly..." Taylor said.
"Lyss..." Shawn said. Alyssa and I giggled and walked up to them. We gave them hugs and asked them if they were ready to go.
"Yup! Let's go." They replied. With that, we smoothly walked out of the hotel and took a long stroll all the way to the beach to get a beautiful view of the sunset before nightfalls. Taylor and I walked together, hand in hand while Alyssa and Shawn walked together the same way directly in front of us. We made it to the boardwalk and briskly headed towards the shoreline to set up the picnic. We bought cotton candy on our way, and it couldn't have been more perfect.
"The views gorgeous from right here." I said starting small talk and staring into the flawless sky.
"You're right. All I can see is you, and I love it." Taylor responded sweetly squeezing my hand ever so slightly while we took a seat criss cross apple sauce, or pretzel style, on the picnic cloth. Alyssa and Shawn followed smiling at each other. Even if the group were to break up, I can just tell right now, us four will never be apart.
We ate quickly and started playing a small game of truth or dare when we were finished our meals.
"Alyssa. Truth or Dare?" I asked glancing at her perfectly done make-up.
"Dare." She slowly grinned.
"I dare you to..." I thought for a moment. The pressure was on me. If I couldn't think of a good enough dare, Taylor and the guys won't invite me to any of their little play dates anymore. All they do is truth or dare and it's a lot of fun with them.
"I dare you to ask the cotton candy cashier for his number but you have to act really into him." I giggled. This was going to be priceless. Shawn's face turned red and he clenched his jaw. He was extremely jealous. Alyssa gave him a quick kiss on the forehead and went off to her dare. We watched it all. This is how it went;
"Hey there cutie." She started smirking and biting her lower lip.
"Uh. What can I get you today..?" He asked obviously confused. The cashier had very short dirty blonde hair and a sort of girly outfit on.
"I happened to lose my name & number. Can I have yours?" Alyssa asked smoothly. The cashier blushed and grinned at Alyssa. He grabbed a post-it and started to write something down in pen. He winked and said,
"Call me." Alyssa smiled winked back and walked back towards us. She opened the folded post-it note and her jaw dropped in shock.
"What?! Alyssa, what is it?" I asked laughing extremely hard.
"LOOK!" She yelled tossing me the post-it with his name and number. I gasped. It said,
"what do you think i am? #strangerdanger. ur cute but for real, i'm not into girls.. sorry. btw, IM FEMALE IDIOT" I handed the post-it to Taylor and he passed it to Shawn. I knew something was up!
"No wonder she had mascara on!" Alyssa screamed in shock. She had a face of guilt and I felt extremely embarrassed for her and the cashier.

A/N: Sorry this chapter wasn't that long, I wasn't sure what else to add that wouldn't tie into the next chapter! I'll be finished writing the next chapter in a few days, be patient please!❤️WE ALMOST HAVE 10K READS! Ahhh! I love you all so much thanks for the support and for reading my story, that btw, I didn't think would go ANYWHERE! Love you guys, enjoy💞