16 | Where Did Our Love Go?

Where Did Our Love Go?

Third Person P. O. V.

Naruto was the type of guy to love with all his heart, and everyone knew that. When he fell in love with Kakashi, he was his whole world. Whatever Naruto talked about, it always leads back to Kakashi. He was more in love with Kakashi than he had ever been with Sasuke.

They had met in college at a party after hooking up. Of course, both had felt they connected well, and decided they should date. Although it had been very hard since being in college and having a boyfriend was very hard. But they made it work, and most would call it one of the best relationships ever.

After 5 years, Naruto felt something different. It wasn't a new emotion, no, it was a lack of emotion. Every time he kissed Kakashi, it was just a reaction and nothing more. Every time they had sex, Naruto felt he owed it to Kakashi. Whenever Kakashi whispered I love You to Naruto, the blond said it back because that is what people do. After a while of this, Naruto had come to the conclusion that he was falling out of love with Kakashi.

He would do everything and anything to bring back that spark from when they were in love, at the beginning. But as hard as he tried, it never worked. He would go on vacations with Kakashi every chance possible, take him out to fancy dinners, and he even had sex with him more. But that old spark they once had, was gone, at least for Naruto it was.

He didn't know exactly how to tell Kakashi as the man was very sensitive. Although he often looked bored or unhappy, Kakashi was probably one of the most emotional people he had ever met. Whenever they saw a dead dog, Kakashi took the time to mourn it. It was one of things he had loved about Kakashi. So he would have to pick his words carefully, and it took him a while to do so.

Which lead him to standing in front of Kakashi, in their kitchen.

"When a fire slowly burns out, you rekindle it. You make it burn more, and brighter than ever. But sometimes, rekindling the flame doesn't work, and the fire burns out" Naruto said, his head lowered to the ground. Naruto had yet to outright say what the meaning of his cryptic message was, leaving Kakashi to figure it out.

"I don't think I understand Naruto" There was a little squeak at the end, as if he knew exactly what Naruto had meant, but didn't want it to be true. Kakashi was emotional, yes, but he was very smart and could pick up references. Naruto sighed as he looked up at Kakashi, meeting his eyes that were halfway filled with tears. The blond wanted to look away from Kakashi, but he forced himself to watch for punishment; punishment for breaking Kakashi's heart.

"I'm saying that our love, the fire, has burned out. No matter how hard I have tried to rekindle it, it's burned out. I have tried so hard Kakashi, but my love for you is no longer coming from my heart, but my mind. Me saying 'I love You' is an automatic reaction to when you say it. There is no love behind my words anymore" Naruto said. Kakashi opened his mouth as if to say something to disprove what Naruto said.

"So everything was a lie? Our love? Was it all a lie? Or when did it start becoming a lie, Naruto?" He was hurt and in so much pain. Naruto forced his eyes open, to take in Kakashi. His eyes red and puffy, tears streaming down his face. His hands shaking at his side, his lips forming the word 'no' over and over again. Obito would surely kill him when he finds out about him breaking up with Kakashi.

" Last year I realized something was missing, like an emotion. After a while, it came to me that I was falling out of love with you, and since then I have been trying to find a way to tell you. But every time I said I love You and took you out, I could see your love growing for me. I'm sorry Kakashi" Naruto said, tears filling his eyes at the sight of Kakashi crying. The silver haired male walked to the blond, cupping his face, and kissing him.

"Did that feel like a lie, Naruto?" He asked as he pulled away. Naruto gulped as he stepped away from Kakashi, still looking at the mess of his boyfriend. Ex-Boyfriend. Kakashi wiped his tears away, but each time more fell from his eyes. His body shook with sobs, and Naruto wanted to comfort him.

"My love wasn't a lie, but.... I just..." Naruto couldn't grasp the right words to explain it, and saying that it was a lie would break Kakashi even more. After wiping away his tears, Kakashi took in a deep breath, meeting Naruto's eyes. He wanted to crawl into a ball, and believe none of this happened. But he knew that Naruto wouldn't lie about such a thing, especially when he knew just how sensitive he was.

"Please leave. Tomorrow I'll be gone and you can get your stuff, and please be out before I get home at 9 okay? It hurts too much right now" Kakashi said. Naruto nodded his head as he broke eye contact with Kakashi, and turned around. He began to walk out of their kitchen, no, it was just Kakashi's now. He walked to the door, unsure of what he was to say to Kakashi. Sorry? How could he say sorry if it was his fault for his state of mind? But that was the only thing that came to mind as he opened the door, and stood outside.

"I'm.." He couldn't finish as the door had been shut in his face, and locked.

So this is a short one-shot with Naruto as the bad guy. I always have Kakashi as the bad guy, and I need to switch it up. I have been taking so long to update these one-shots, so my bad. Please check out my other one-shot books which is my SNS One-Shot book as well as my Naruto One-Shot book :) It would mean a lot if you did. Please comment, vote, etc. Bye everyone :)

-KakaBaka7

kakanaru one-shots (2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें