Rebirth

Bruce finally emerged from his cave and saw Alfred standing by the window.
"I think you might want to hurry, Master Wayne." He turned to Bruce, who walked up beside Alfred and also looked out the window. The sun was setting. But off in the distance a bit, in the sky. The Bat Signal.
"Fuck..." Bruce turned around and walked back to his cave, "Be sure to get Harley at 9." Bruce walked down and put his Batman outfit on, jumped into the Batmobile, and went off into the city.

Bruce arrived eventually to the rooftop of the GCPD. There stood Harvey Dent.
"Batman..." Harvey sighed, "Gordon is missing. Barbara is..." He gulped, "She's been shot. It doesn't look good." He turned away. Bruce breathed in deeply.
"Is she at Gotham Memorial?" He asked, in his gruff voice.
"Yes. Bullock is keeping watch, but I think-" Harvey turned back and he was gone.

Bruce arrived at the hospital and found Barbara's room. As he walked in, Bullock pulled his gun out.
"Oh, Batman..." Bullock lowered his gun.
"Who did this?" Bruce walked over to the edge of the hospital bed. Barbara was sleeping. She was hooked up to what seemed like hundreds of machines.
"Who do you think?" Bullock walked over to Bruce, "She's, uh, she's paralyzed from the waist down." Bruce turned away.
"Joker needs to be stopped." He walked off.