Sucker

As I walk back home from Red's place, my mind is stirring. Wayne... Is the Bat. I can't tell J. I just can't bring myself to it. I turn in the alley and walk in the back door. My hyenas approach me and smile. I get down on my knees and play with them. I hear footsteps. The door opened and there stood Victor Zsasz. Bald, skinhead looking son of a bitch. He smirked at me as I stood up.
"Boss, I found her." Victor yelled behind him. J pushed his way out to me.
"Where have you been?" He grabbed my face. Inspecting. For what? I'm not sure.
"Out with Red." I smiled at his touch. I closed my eyes.
"Of course," He shoved me back, "You had me worried sick, Harls!" He paced the floor. I looked up at him.
"You were busy and you wanted me to leave you alone... So, I went to Red's. And then we went out." He stopped and turned to me.
"Out where?" He stepped closer to me.
"Just out and about." I chuckled. He grabbed me by my throat and slammed me against the wall.
"I'll ask you one more time..." He leaned in closer, "Out... Where...?" His hot breath ran down my neck.
"We went to the Wayne Ball." I choked out. He released immediately.
"That's it?" He started laughing.
"Y-yes...?" I answered, confused.
"And here I thought you did something productive, like rob a bank. Or a jewelry store!" He curled over from laughing. I pouted and hung my head.
"Sorry..." I walked by him and Victor, then walked up the stairs.
"Victor..." J announced as he looked down at his hand, which was covered in foundation.
"Yes, boss?"
"Keep an eye on her." He smiled.

As I walked up to my room, I thought about everything that happened tonight. I smiled slightly. I walked into my room, turned the light on, and sat in front of my vanity. And my neck immediately caught my attention. Blue and purple marks danced along my skin.
"Fuck..." I grabbed some of my white makeup and began to pat my skin. And the color disappeared.
"What's wrong?" Victor startled me as he leaned against my doorframe.
"Jesus Christ..." I grabbed my heart, "You scared me." He started walking towards me. Then pacing around me.
"What'd you do tonight, Harley?" He stood behind me. I looked at his reflection in the mirror. Victor had a stone cold stare. His body was covered in little tally mark scars. He cuts one in every time he kills someone. I stared into his eyes.
"If I tell you, you can't tell Puddin." I turned around to face him.
"Of course." He crossed his arms and stared down at me.
"I was trying to scope out Batbrain... To see if I could kidnap him for J..." I started to tear up, "I feel like the passion is gone. And I just wanted him to be proud of me." I covered my face and began to sob. I heard Victor shift his stance.
"Well, uh... Did you find him?"
"No!" I cried harder. He sat on the edge of my bed.
"Harley..." He grabbed one of my hands. I looked up at him and sniffled, "He loves you."
"Really?" I smiled.
"Yes. And I'm sure he would appreciate what you've done." Victor stood up and walked out. He closed the door behind him. I wiped my makeup off my face and smiled.
"Sucker." I chuckled to myself.