126 Dying

"Hng!" Yuna felt something damp, cold on her cheek. She raised her hand and tried to push it away.

"Hush ... easy, sweetheart." The voice of her mother.

"Mother? ..."

"Everything is fine."

The girl tried to catch a breath, but she could barely breathe. "Air ..."

"It won't take much longer."

The huntress opened her eyes and saw her mother, who cleaned her face with a rag. She shook herself under a violent coughing and gasped for breath again.

"What's going on?" she croaked.

"You're about to die."

The girl shook her head anxiously. "No I can't ..."

"I'm sorry, dear."

Yuna glanced past her mother and spotted her father holding Ayu on his arm. He raised his hand in greeting. "I can't die."

Kaori smiled faintly. "I'm afraid that you can't choose."

The blue-haired struggled panting into a sitting position. Her whole body ached and was heavy as lead. What happened to her? She was torn by Tirr from the roof and fell down. She had hit the ground.

She looked at her parents, pleadingly. "Please help me."

"There's nothing we can do, darling."

"I don't wanna die."

Mai peered out from behind her father's legs. "Papa, can I play with Yuna now?" she asked cautiously.

He stroked the little girl's head. "Not yet. Have a little bit more patience."

"Oh man."

"Play in your room, Mai."

"Yes, Papa." The small girl returned to the hallway.

Yuna looked around. She was in her living room. "I have to go back."

"That's impossible."

"It's not. I can go through the door."

"It doesn't work anymore. Your connection to the last world is slowly fading. You're dying," her mother said, dabbing her forehead again.

The huntress braced herself ardently and came on all fours. "No. I refuse to believe that."

"You're so stubborn. Just like your father."

"Hey," he complained.

Kaori looked over at him. "Isn't it true?"

"Yes it is, but ..."

The girl interrupted the two. "Please. Help me."

"What should we do?"

"Take me to the door."

"Good."

Her father put Ayu on the floor, who squatted and watched with great eyes, how her parents helped her eldest sister to get up.

The huntress noticed that she was drenched from head to toe with mud. However, the stains were somehow ethereal. The dirt on her skin was almost invisible.

She looked at Kaori. "Why am I this filthy?"

"You have been buried alive and are suffocating."