09 Deception

They stared at each other in disbelief with their mouths open. Even Yoshiro didn't know what to do next. He blinked at the girl while he held her on her shoulders.

"What have you done?", asked Yuna.

"It's complicated ... we have no time."

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

Yuna grabbed him by his shirt collar and lifted her right fist threateningly. Yoshiro bared his teeth and a deep growl came from his throat. He was the monster again.

"You start to piss me off, little one."

"Oh yeah?!" The girl struck with all her strength, but Yoshiro's hand shot up and caught hers before the impact.

"Stop it!", he hissed. She aimed with her left fist for his face. Suddenly her "uncle" disappeared from her field of vision. "I don't want to hurt you, Yuna."

Yoshiro grabbed her from behind on her wrist, whirled her around her own axis and pressed her with her back against the wall.

"Let me ..." His hand shut her mouth and held her head pressed against the wall. She tried to break free in anger, but her own physical strength was nothing compared to his. Her fists pounded on the wall. She screamed as loud as she could.

"Stop it, Yuna! Calm down!"

The light grew brighter and the door opened.

"Is everything okay? I've heard ...?" Astonished, the incoming nurse looked at Yuna, who was leaning against the wall.

Confused, the girl looked around the room. "Yoshiro?"

The nurse also looked around the room, while she came over to the patient. "There is nobody. Are you all right? Why are you not in bed?"

"He was just here ..."

"Come." The nurse grabbed Yuna's wrist to take her back to her bed.

The blue-haired broke free and recoiled a big step. "Leave me alone!"

"I need help here!", shouted the sister and positioned herself between the patient and the room door.

Yuna bared her teeth. A menacing growl escaped her mouth. Sister Omura and a male nurse pushed into the room.

"She has hallucinations.", explained the first nurse to the newcomers.

The nurse and Midori nodded understandingly. "Yuna-chan? It's me, nurse Omura. Do you recognize me?"

"GET OUT OF MY ROOM!", snapped the girl upset.

"She's psychotic. Haru-san, get an anesthetic."

"Yes, Midori-san." The male nurse went to pick up an anesthetic injection.

Yuna raised her hands. "Please. Just leave me alone!"

Sister Omura took a small step towards her. "Yuna-chan. I understand that you're upset. But you should stay in your bed."

"You don't understand me! Don't say that you do!"

Midori sighed. "It may be that you don't care, but you're not the first girl that I take care of after she has lost her family. You're traumatized. Your anger, fear and desperation are normal things in this situation."

"Normal?! Are there constantly butchered people and mutilated girls admitted?!", snapped Yuna.

Haru stood with the prepared syringe behind Midori. The nurse raised her hand and pointed at him that he should wait.

"Yuna-chan, listen to me. Your family was not murdered. Your mind looks far a reason why they're gone. These thoughts are just a product of your imagination. Please, just lie back in your bed."

Instantly, the anger vanished from Yuna's stomach and her knees buckled beneath her. She slumped to the ground and began to sob. "I only want to be left alone."

Midori came slowly toward her and sank to her knees beside the girl. "That's good. Just let it all out, Yuna-chan."

"I don't wanna cry anymore.", sobbed the blue-haired, but could not hold back her tears.

Midori hugged the girl and pulled her close. Soothingly, she stroke over the blue hair. "Crying cleans the soul. Let the pain out, Yuna-chan."

Haru and the other sister looked at each other. "Shall we go, Midori-san?"

"Yes. I take care of her."

They both left the room. For a few minutes Midori and Yuna remained like this, then the girl stopped crying.

"Yuna-chan?"

"Thank you, Omura-san. I'm okay now." Yuna stood up and walked to her bed.

Sister Omura rose. "How do you feel?"

"Please go now." The patient lay down in her bed and stared at the ceiling.

Suspiciously, Midori observed the girl. "What are you playing here?"

The blue-haired said nothing and continued to stare at the ceiling.

"I really want to help you, Yuna-chan, but you have to cooperate with me."

The girl stayed silent.

"Good. As you wish. Try to get some sleep."

Once Midori had left the room and the lights were dimmed again, Yuna whispered: "Come out, uncle." She sat up and looked around the room. "Yoshiro, show yourself!"

The girl waited patiently. Finally she came to terms with the fact that she was alone. She had probably been alone all this time. She was alone in this world. Everybody had left her, or had been taken from her.

"You really are pitiful."

Yuna began to tremble. How had he found her? What did he want from her?!