100 Date Night: Preparations

Yuna strolled leisurely along the street, as she recognized Susumu by the tram station. She didn't want to talk to him right now, so she took a little detour through the side streets to avoid him, and walked on to Yoshiro.

When she arrived at his place, she found the warehouse unlocked, but deserted. She wondered where her mentor was, so she wrote him.

   I'm at your place. Where are you?

She waited for a moment, but there was no answer, so she decided to equip herself. Yuna went to the money box and took a bunch of notes out, which she put in one of her side pockets of her sweater. That would be enough for a while. Then she picked a knife from the knife box. This time she choose for a stable combat knife. It was in a plastic sheath, which she tied with a Velcro on her calf. Then she pulled the end of her pants over it.

She remembered that she still had her father's knife in her school bag and the Oni-knife in her closet. On occasion, she should bring them here. Although ... maybe it wasn't that bad, when she had equipment at home. She should ask Yoshiro if she could keep a gun and ammunition in the pension.

Her phone vibrated.

I'm at my property. Need clothes for tonight. Do you need any help?

   No. I was just curious. Have fun.

I'll send you Kenji's number.

   It's okay. I can do this alone.

K. Be careful. ILY

   No thing. ILY

She took a new Beretta, because the one of her father was destroyed by Tirr. It hurt her as she remembered that she had lost another connection to her father. She looked over to her father's sword. Could it compete against Tirr? Or would he destroy it too?

"I can't carry it concealed anyway."

She got some bullets and loaded the gun. In fact, she could find more pistol holsters and put on a shoulder holster. She even found one that had a compartment for a spare magazine, so she filled another magazine and put it in. The hoodie was large enough that it could conceal the gun and holster. The huntress felt ready.

She went over to the Katana, picked it up and held it in her outstretched palms.

"Father. I promise you that I'll set you free soon. Mother, May and Ayu miss you. I... I'm fine. Yoshiro supports me by all means and I have made some new friends who also help me. Yui is not that well, but I'll go visit her afterwards and greet her from all of you. I'll make you proud."

She put the sword back on the table and made her way to the hospital.

***

Yoshiro hated his estate. It reminded him too much of Kira. Since her death he avoided coming here. To keep up appearances, he still employed a gardener who took care of the pristine condition of the green area.