95 Surprise guest

Anxious murmurs filled the hall.

"Silence please! Be quiet!", yelled Haruka from her lectern. "Did we forget someone?", she asked turning to Shinji. His skin color had changed from red to a much lighter shade. "Shinji-kun? Are you okay?"

Suddenly the hall doors were flung open with such force that they crashed thunderously against the walls. "SURPRISE!!!" Tirr marched through the wide-open doors into the hall. The other Oni froze.

"Tirr ...", breathed the mayor insecure.

Grinning, the intruder jerked his shoulders. "Damn it. My apologies, my friends. You were supposed to yell SURPRISE!", laughed Tirr. "I always mess that up. Though ... It's not often that someone gives a surprise party for me, so be lenient with me."

Nisha had climbed her chair to have a better look at the monster. "Exciting."

"Get down!", hissed Yuna and dragged her on her tail back on her chair. "We have to get out of here!" The cat girl looked at her questioningly.

"What ... what are you doing here?", stuttered the leader.

Tirr walked down the aisle, waving at some Oni. To a frightened, paralyzed one, he offered his hand for a high five. "Come on, man. Don't leave me hanging.", grinned the fiend. As the other one kept staring at him terrified, Tirr lowered his hand. "Then don't."

"Tirr! What are you doing here?!", snapped Haruka. Yoshiro jumped up from his seat while Shinji was unable to do anything but stare at the unwanted guest.

"This is my surprise party, right? All my friends – Hello Yoshiro – are here and waiting for me. Of course, you should have said something, but luckily I'm not an idiot and found it out myself." His hideous grin shone from his face.

"I'm not in the mood for your jokes.", growled the leader, who pressed her sickles against the wood of the lectern.

"Don't tell me you've hired a clown? Where is he?" Tirr raised his hand to his eyes and scanned the room. "Oh hey! Yuna-chan! Over here!" The monster waved at her exaggerated vigorously. "How is your stomach? Does it still hurt?" He laughed maliciously. "So ... where are my presents?"

"Go away. You are not welcomed here.", hissed the mayor.

"To my own surprise party?" Confused, he stared at the speaker. "Oh ... you're not ready yet." Cackling stroked the intruder through the outgrowths on his head. "I'm very sorry. Then I'll come back later."

Tirr turned on his heels and marched back to the door. Speechless, confused and surprised everyone present followed his movements. He quietly pulled the doors shut and was gone. On the walls next to the door some plastering fell down, which had been loosened by the force of the impact.

Instantly the Oni jabbered wild. Some stood up and probably intended to flee.

"Shit ... what do we do now?", asked Haruka turned to Yoshiro.

"It seems we won't have time to come up with a plan."

"What are we going to do?" The leader looked at Yuna. Should she really absorb the girl's power? It appeared to be the only chance. "I'm sorry, Yoshiro-san."

He stared at the red-glowing points on her mask and shook his head slightly. "Don't do that."

"We have no choice!"

His eyes hardened. "I won't let you do that."

"What should we do then?"

"We fight with everything we've got.", stated the teleporter.