90 The leader of the Oni

Confused looked Yuna around. She was surrounded by four Oni. What was going on here? She stared at Yoshiro. "Uncle? What's going on?", she asked nervously.

"These are friends of mine. It's all right. You already know Shinji Shiba." The yellow-skinned gestured with his hand at the Oni with the shark grin.

The undertaker bowed politely. "At your service."

"That's Haruka Narusegawa and Kenji Tanaka." He alternately pointed at the other Oni. Both bowed too.

"Okay. But what does this mean?", the girl inquired.

"I told you that I will introduce you to other members of our society. And tonight we're having a meeting."

Uncomprehendingly blinked the blue-haired. "Meeting?"

"Your uncle brought disturbing news to us, my dear.", said Shinji. "By the way, are you all right?"

"Why do you ask?"

He briefly glanced at Yoshiro, before he continued. "You are different from the last time. Something has happened to you."

The huntress looked irritated at the red-scaled. "Different?"

"Yes. I can read your mind. That didn't work the last time."

"She's a tank.", interjected the teleporter.

Kenji whistled. "Cool."

"Hm.", made Haruka.

"Interesting. Yes. Your power doesn't work. Strange. Ah ... very interesting.", muttered Shinji.

"Stop reading my mind!", shouted Yuna red-faced. What was going on in her mind, was off-limit for everyone else.

"I'm sorry. I apologize.", insisted the undertaker.

"That you can never hold back, Shi-chan.", teased the doorman.

"Hm ... I've seen what's going on in your head right now. You're not better."

Kenji raised growling his right arm and showed him the middle finger, which ignited spontaneously. Surprised winced the high school student and stared at the burning finger.

"Tanaka-kun! ... Not here!", hissed Haruka. "Both of you. Stop screwing around."

The flame was extinguished. "He started it.", mumbled the fur carrier.

"I don't care. In public, no visible powers are allowed, or I'll have you arrested by Yoshiro-san."

"I've been meaning to fight him.", grinned Kenji.

"You don't want that, Kenji-kun.", parried Yoshiro.

"Honestly ... he truly wants it.", confirmed Shinji, while lifting an eyebrow.

"Are you Oni always this childish?", growled Yuna. "I'm here for the ceremony for my family."

"I agree. Stop fooling around. We have to maintain a schedule." Haruka was visibly annoyed.

"Of course. Takagi-san, Masuda-san. Please follow me." The undertaker went ahead. "And try to not burn anything, Kenji-kun."

"Fuck you, Shi-chan."

Yuna couldn't believe it. Previously, somehow she had deep respect for the Oni. Yoshiro and Shinji Shiba were always self-controlled men and Haruka Narusegawa made a strict impression. Even Tirr, as mad as he might be, procured respect by his perverse brutality.