Yuna clenched her hand around the handle of her father's sword. No. The handle of her sword.

She gathered all her strength, cried out, and rushed at him with her sword raised. She just had to hit his head, then he'd be done.

A lightning tore the sky apart as they met. Tirr's right hand wrapped around Yuna's neck. She missed his head again. To her surprise, she noticed that he didn't stop, but ran on. She was convinced that madness would sparkle out of his eyes if he had anymore. With a widened eye she stared at the tumors in his face. He really wanted to throw her off the roof. She fished with her left hand for the Wakizashi, tore out the blade and rammed it sideways into Tirr's skull. Abruptly he stopped.

"Shit ..." he murmured.

"I've got you."

"Looks like it."

An undefinable feeling swept through Yuna. She had won. She had defeated Tirr. She had succeeded. The nightmare was over. She could go home. She could enjoy her bath and her chocolate and the kisses of her lover.

Yet, Tirr didn't loosen his grip.

His totally disturbed, cackling laughter came from his throat. "Do you know what, little one?"

Surprised, she opened her eye. "What?!"

"If I have to go, I'll take you along."

Panic took possession of the huntress. Tirr started to move again and stormed on. Why the hell didn't he fucking die already? She tore the Wakizashi out of his head and stabbed him again.

"Forget it." They reached the roof edge and he jumped down with her.

"Shit ... shit ... shit ..."

When he heard the flutter of her hair, he began to laugh. "Fuck you, whore. You're dying too."

"Why won't you fucking die?!" she yelled, tugging at the handle of the Wakizashi.

"I'm probably tougher than I seem."

Yuna tore the Wakizashi out again and drove it back into his skull. The monster laughed furiously. She looked down over her shoulder. She couldn't even see the ground, surrounded by all the rain. They plunged into a gray background, while the brightly colored Oni mists danced around them. That was way too high. Not even she could survive this fall. Except ... Her gaze was fixed on the face of her opponent. She had to kill Tirr somehow before they hit the ground.

This time she pushed the blade into his neck. His resistance was broken. That was her chance! While she clung to him with the Wakizashi, she put the Katana on his neck and began to saw.

The insane Oni laughed about her efforts. Desperately, she hacked on his neck. The floors on their side passed them faster.

"Urg ..." Blood ran out of Tirr's mouth. Yes, she did it. She could do it. "You're really ... unique ..." Tirr's head broke loose from his body and his laughter disappeared in the roar of the wind.

Yuna stared at the grinning grimace hovering above her. "For real? That's it? All my efforts for nothing? Do I have to die now?"

Tears came to her eye. She had given everything. Everything. For what?

She thought of Wataru. He would probably lose her. It broke her heart to think about what he had to go through. And she would never see her sister Yui again. There was no more chocolate from Me for her, and Nisha would lose her new friend. Ayumi would have to bury another sister. And she hadn't apologized to Hikari.

She had saved everyone and had to give her life for it. She was probably a real heroine.

"That's so unfair."

Resigned, she stowed both her Katana, as well as the Wakizashi in their respective sheath. She didn't let Tirr's remains out of her sight. Was this monster still alive?

The body of the Oni began to dissolve. Bright and colorful radiant sparks left behind a dazzling tail in the sky. The particles circumnavigated the girl as she continued to race to the ground. She held out her arms to the light.

"Please ... don't let me die. I don't wanna die. I want to live. I want to see my friends again and just lead an ordinary life."

A smacking sound accompanied her as she hit the soaked ground. Her body drifted into the ground and darkness took possession of her.

It was over.