Married to the Mafia. Capitulo Diecisiete (It'll be a WAR)

Start from the beginning

I felt someone kick me under the table and looked up to see my mom staring at me with wide eyes. The panic in her eyes showed what she wanted to tell me: Shut up!

"We got home very late mija" my father said smiling apologetically. "I was very tired and probably didn't notice that I locked the room."

I waved a hand. "It's fine. I'll just make sure to say goodnight before I go to sleep today."

"Actually" he spoke a bit hesitantly. "I won't be home tonight either. I was-um-thinking about asking your mother out to dinner." He said turning to look at my mom.

"Me?"

"Yes, I want to discuss a few things with you privately."

Martin and Alejandro turned to each other, I could tell they were both happy about what was going on between our parents. Especially Martin he was the one who suffered the most when our parents divorced, he was the one who had to watch my parents argue and yell at each other. Our oldest brother always tried to keep Alejandro and I from seeing our parents fight.

Mom gave a quick nod. "Alright, I'll go out with you tonight."

"I don't mean to interrupt anything" Santiago spoke up, standing up from his place at the head of the table. "But I've got an important matter that I want to discuss with everyone before Vanessa and Sofia come down for breakfast."

"Why can't Nessa and Sofi listen to what you're about to say?" Leo asked defensively.

"I'm going to tell them about the problem we spoke about in our meeting" Santi spoke calmly to his cousin. "There's no reason to put the other girls in danger, the less they don't the better."

"Why is Gabby allowed to know?" Joel said angrily. "We have to protect her too."

"I know that, brother" Santi said looking slightly annoyed. He turned his gaze on me and gave me a smile. " But I think Gabby should know what's going on, a few things are going to change around here and she should know the reasons for it."

"It's too dangerous! What if Hector tries getting answers out of her?" Joel turned to his father outraged. "Dad, do something about this!"

Don Ernesto gave his youngest son a disapproving look. "Yo no puedo hacer nada Joel. Tu hermano sabe lo que hace." (I can't do anything Joel. Your brother knows what he's doing.)

"Whatever"

Santiago ignored his sulking brother and turned back to what he was going to say. "Many of you already know this but I'm going to say it again for the ladies to hear the whole thing" he nodded at my mother and I. "We've received news that Hector is trying to get with the Italian Mafia and fight against us, even--"

Mom gasped out loud. "The Italian Mafia? That's crazy!"

"We don't know for sure yet but we still have to take precautions." He informed her. "There will be a lot more guards outside the mansion. No one is allowed to go out alone, if you want to go out somewhere you have to take someone with you."

"What if Hector is trying to scare us? He doesn't have the guts to ask Cecilio for help, and you know that Ernesto" mom spoke to Sinaloa's original Don. "He would never go near the Italians."

"We've thought about that " Don Ernesto said. "And we've already sent out people to get more information, I have no say in any of this. Santiago is the one in charge now and he just wants to make sure that you women are safe."

"If you think that's what's best then I am fine with the extra security" My mother agreed.

I took a deep breath. "I second that"