Married to the Mafia. Capitulo Diecisiete (It'll be a WAR)

Start from the beginning

She rolled her eyes. "You're not going to let it go, are you?"

"I'm curious..."

"Fine" said my mom as she leaned back against her chair, looking a bit annoyed. " Ernesto and your father took me to visit some old friends, I got to see Estela and spent the whole night talking to her while your dad and Ernesto were inside-"

"I don't want to hear the whole story!" I said. "Tell me why you were in his room."

She blushed a little before responding, "We both drank a little too much and slept together."

"Slept together?" I raised an eyebrow. "You mean slept in the same bed or sex?"

"Gabriela!" she yelled, her face turning red like a tomato.

I laughed. "Mom!"

The thing about my parents is that they still see me as their little girl, maybe its because I'm their youngest and only girl. They haven't grasped the fact that I'm a mature young lady...well kind of.

"But you're my daughter" she protested. "I shouldn't be talking to you about my sex life, that's too weird for me."

"MOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

"Okay I did!" she rubbed her forehead with both of her hands, trying to avoid making direct eye contact with me. "I had sex with your father last night. We both were a little too drunk and one thing lead to another..."

Yeah, yeah. That's what they all say 'One thing lead to another' blah blah blah, complete and total bullshit. Truth is they both did it because they wanted to do it, nobody put a gun to their heads forcing them to sleep with each other.

"Do you regret it?" I asked.

"Regret it?" she shook her head. "Never! Your father means a lot to me, he's the father of my kids, the man I've spent most of my life with."

"And you love him"

She frowned. "I don't know about that."

I snorted and took a hold of her hand. "You can't fool me. I know you still love him! I know the only reason you left him was because you were trying to protect me, you were only doing what you thought was best for your kids. I'm all grown up now, mom. I have my own life and its okay if you want to get back with him. There's nothing you holding you back anymore" I let go of her and poured myself a glass of juice from the jar sitting in the middle of the table. "I want you and daddy to be happy."

"But what if he doesn't want me anymore? He probably hates me for leaving him." she mumbled

My mother can be clueless sometimes.

I chuckled. "I seriously doubt that"

Rita and the other maids walked in and placed a plate of fresh fruit in front of us. They put a plate in front of the other empty chairs and I was about to ask them why they were doing that if all the men were still in the meeting room but the loud voices walking into the dining room interrupted me from doing so.

"Buenos dias" Don Ernesto greeted us

"Where's Vanessa and Sofia?" Leo glanced at the two empty spots next to me.

"They're still sleeping" I informed him.

My father sat in his seat grinning like a love struck fool, stealing a few glances at my mom who was completely avoiding doing any eye contact with him. Everyone else had no idea what was happening between them so I decided to help out my mother a little. She was going to have to talk to him sooner or later.

I cleared my throat. "Daddy, I didn't get to say goodnight to you last night. I was goanna go into your room last night but the door was locked and I didn't want to wake you up"