Chapter two: One of Us

Cole's POV

Every day goes by so slow for me.

Every second is a minute. Every minute is an hour. Every hour is a day, and so on.

It's later in the evening, probably going around 8:00 p.m. The sky was pink, the air was beach weather, just the way I like it.

I had an excuse to not clean around. I won the game for training. Poor Kai, he should've known better not to mess with me.
He got what he deserves.

I was in the shower, letting the warm water run down me. I faced the shower head so my hair was hanging down.

Who knows how long I was in there for. I didn't care, my life is messed up anyway.

I'm flattered that I'm no longer a ghost, but something still doesn't feel right.

I feel....left out.

I turned off the water then wrapped myself in a towel. Once I was dry, I got dressed then went off to bed.

The others were eating dinner that Zane made. I wasn't hungry, or thirsty. I haven't eaten anything all day. I just didn't feel like it. All I want to do is sit in the dark bedroom and do nothing.

I had a hard time falling asleep. Maybe it's the guilt inside of me, or the stress that I'm going through.

Suddenly, I heard a light tap on the door. Then it slowly moved open. Two shadows appeared then stopped in front.

"Cole...may we talk with you for a minute?" Nya asked me.

I wanted to shout at her, but I didn't have the energy. So I looked up at her. Jay was there too.

"Cole, what's wrong? Has something been bothering you lately?"

I rolled my eyes, "Not this again - look I'm sorry I pushed your brother down the stairs. Can I sleep now?"

"No we're not done," Jay protested, "First of all, why did you push him?"

"I don't know he just...irritated me."

"What did he say to irritate you?" Nya asked.

"He asked the same question you said."

Jay and Nya looked at each other. I started to feel irritated. I just want them to get out.

"Why are you like this?" Jay desperately asked, "We just need to know what's going on."

"None of you need to know," I snapped.

"But...why?" Nya expression saddened, "Is it that personal? Cole, we can handle it. Please, we're your friend. We're here for you. You can say what's on your mind."

I thought about it, I wanted to keep holding it in, but I realized she was right. We're all close friends, and I can't say no to Nya. She's fragile....and they call her a strong hero. And Jay, he's not just my friend, he's my brother. We understand each other. Plus, I probably have no choice because I'm pretty sure that they aren't gonna leave until they get an answer.

I stood there for a moment then took a deep breath, "I don't feel like I belong here. There. I said it."

There was a long pause. Jay and Nya seemed shocked. I could tell they were speechless.

"Why do you feel like that?" Jay asked.

I wanted to answer, but I knew if I did, this conversation will never end. Besides I think I said enough.

"This conversation is through," I said, then faced away from them as I rolled over.

"Come on," Jay complained, "We need more details."