Chapter one: Unexpected

Kai's POV

Morning.

It's the middle of the spring time and the sun was shining bright. So bright, that the light was glaring through my curtains.

It was about 5:30 or six in the morning, so obviously I was still asleep, along with the other guys.

Then suddenly, a loud noise interrupted the silence. It was the alarm clock.

We all groaned and kept the pillows above our heads. After about 2 minutes, the clock clicked off. First, I thought Lloyd used his powers to turn it off, but again it would've made a big hole in the wall. I look up from under my pillow to see it was my sister, Nya.

"Rise and shine, boys," Nya said cheerfully, "I made you all some breakfast."

"Nya?" I asked dryly, "What are you doing here? Where's Master Wu?"

"Wu and Misako are out of town for some reason, something personal I think, but for now they put me in charge."

"What?!" Jay choked.

"Oh no..." I moaned.

"Oh yeah!" Nya cheered, "You five have to do what I say until they get back. So move your molasses otherwise your food will get cold!"

"So?"

"Who wants cold and soggy waffles for breakfast?"

"Not me!" Jay leaped out of his bed then ran out. Lloyd, Zane and Cole did the same thing.

"What are you waiting for Kai?" Nya asked me, "The whole world is waiting for you."

"Not hungry," I said as I walked out of the room.

I took out my phone to see if anymore fangirls tried to hack into my Chirper account, but then a text message showed up on my screen. I looked at it and saw the name.

It was Skylor, my girlfriend.

I haven't heard from her in weeks and now she texts me? My heart fluttered so much that I almost passed out.

Her text said: Come outside after breakfast. I have a surprise for you.

I didn't know what she meant by that, but I just texted her okay then sat with the others.

"What took you so long?" Lloyd muffled, since his face was dripping with syrup.

"Nothing," I replied, "Skylor just sent a text that she's gonna have a surprise for us."

"Strange," Zane said, "I haven't heard from her in awhile, and now she's coming to the Bounty?"

"That's what she said."

"Cool," Jay smiled, "It's been awhile that we had an actual visitor. Maybe we can get the day off, right Cole?"

I looked over to Cole. He was picking at his food with a fork. I noticed that he looked depressed. He didn't even pay attention to us.

"Right Cole?" Jay repeated.

He still didn't answer. He continued to play with his food. I was beginning to worry.

"Cole?"

This time, Cole looked up at Jay. He still had that same look on his face. He dropped his fork then waited for Jay to speak.

"I said wouldn't it be nice to have the day off from Nya?" Jay asked.

"Oh yeah, that sounds fantastic," Cole said sarcastically.

I stopped chewing my food. Something was wrong. Jay gave him a puzzled look then began eating his food again.

"Eesh, Jay just asked you a simple question," Lloyd said, "Is everything okay?"