Everyone Needs To Read This

Not a chapter, sorry. But this is so very important.

Original post by youshouldbeproud

"If you sit there and can see the problem when someone is raped in a fan fiction and it's romanticized, then you can see the problem with people romanticize a relationship between a minor and an adult. you're absolutely disgusting if you support people writing romantic fan fiction about a minor and an adult. especially if there is sexual relations involved. you really ought to be ashamed. there's a difference between writing a story about abuse and overcoming that and writing about a 13 year old having a sexual relationship with her 27 year old teacher because you think it's "hot". that is fetishizing and romanticizing and normalizing the rapes of thousands of young girls who were taken advantage of. i don't care about your fetishes and your kinks. when it undermines the lives of thousands if not millions of victims, you have no right to do it.

if you find yourself offended because i'm comparing your underage fan fiction to rape, you're definitely part of the problem."

I know I write a lot of dark shit

But I will never, ever write a fic where someone as young as 13 or 14, still a child and barely old enough to understand the consequences of sex, is taken advantage of by an older person. That is statutory rape. And honestly part of the reason I have such a huge problem with "daddy kink."

If you wanna write about someone having a sexual relationship that young, at least make them 17. AT LEAST. That's technically still a minor, but 17 is the age of consent in several states.

If you glorify statutory rape, you are part of the problem.