20

By the time Micky woke up again, the two were back in his house. He didn't remember anything.

"What happened?" he muttered, rubbing his eyes.

"Why'd you do it Mick?" Michael asked. Micky looked up at him in confusion—he just now realized that he was lying across the couch and his head was in Michael's lap.

"Do what?" he asked.

"You hurt yourself again."

Micky's eyes widened. He propped himself up on his elbows and looked down at his body—he was wearing shorts, but that was it. He didn't see anything that looked like cuts. He looked up again, to find Michael's face just mere centimeters from his. Micky gasped.

"I don't want you hurtin' yourself, Mick," Michael breathed. His face, his lips, were just centimeters away. Micky could feel Michael's warm breath on his face.

Micky flinched—he couldn't remember anything. But he slowly nodded his head.

Michael stared at him with dark, steady eyes. Then he grabbed Micky by the chin with an iron grip and forced the boy to steady his attention.

"Promise me, Micky. Tell me you won't hurt yourself."

Micky hesitated. A lump caught in his throat, but Michael's dark eyes prompted him further.

"I...c-can't promise that."

Everyone's at work or school and I'm puppysitting 😂