30

Michael's smile was gentle as he waited for Micky to respond.

The human boy was awestruck. Finally, he blinked and met Michael's gaze. "You're...real?"

"I am," Michael chuckled.

"Angels are real?"

"Yes."

"And you care about me?" Micky's voice cracked.

Michael stepped closer and gently ran his thumb over Micky's cheek. "Of course I do," he said softly.

Micky leaned in closer until their lips were just mere centimeters apart. Michael was still basked in a white glow and Micky looked up at the halo above the angel's head before slowly moving in and kissing him.

Michael instinctively wrapped one arm around the small of Micky's back and pulled him closer. Micky reached up to run his hands through Michael's coarse hair and they remained wrapped in each other's embrace before reluctantly pulling away.

"I care about you a lot, Mick, and I want to do everything in my power to protect you." Michael's dark gaze hypnotized Micky.

"Protect me?"

"I'll explain more later," Michael promised. "Please come with me."

"But my mom—"

"I'll cover that," Michael assured him. "She won't have to worry about you."

"Well..." Micky looked down and grabbed Michael's hand. He looked up again. "Okay."

"Okay?"

"I'll go with you."

Yesterday's like uber close to being published and I'm vv excited

It'll be either $2.99 (<--- probably) or $3.99 on Amazon, Kindle, iBooks, Barnes & Noble (Nook), CreateSpace (which formats paperbacks so hopefully those'll be on Amazon too), amongst other places, so y'all better help a girl out 😂👌🏻

I'm self-publishing for now, but my goal is to eventually get a deal with one of the Big 5