37

Michael and Micky woke up in the late morning. When Michael checked the time, it was just past 10 a.m.

"Crap," he sighed. Micky scrunched up his nose.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I need to go talk to Davy," Michael said. He flung away the covers and practically leaped out of bed, running out the room and down the hall. Angels were much faster than humans and Micky followed slowly behind him.

When Michael went downstairs, Davy was just coming in through the front door. Michael arched an eyebrow at him.

"Where were ya?" he asked, not realizing Micky had walked up behind him. Davy's eyes darted back and forth between the two.

"Micky's mother is taken care of," he announced, taking off the coat he wore. "I wrote a note for 'er in Micky's 'andwriting."

"You did?" Micky's eyes widened. "What did it say?"

"I said you were getting a li'le stir crazy being home when no one else was, so you went on a road trip."

"But...I haven't got a car."

Davy shook his head. "No worries. You didn't go alone."

"Um..." Micky looked down at the palms of his hands. "I haven't got many friends."

"Sure ya do," Davy said. "Remember 'arry?"

"What?" Micky gulped. Harry Nilsson had been a 'friend' of sorts in high school, but he moved away after graduation. Micky hadn't seen or heard from him since. "You told her I went with Harry?"

"Sure did."

"But that's lying!" Micky's voice grew higher in pitch and he blushed.

"Only part of it."

"What?"

Davy grinned, and Michael gulped. It was a grin he knew all too well.

"You're going on a road trip, boys."

I've read four full-length novels in four days. I haven't read this much this often since middle school...to put that in perspective, 7th grade was 6 years ago. I hope I can keep it up :'D