12

Michael followed Micky into the living room.

"My name is Micky, by the way."

"Huh?" Michael looked up, having been lost in his own thoughts.

"I never properly introduced myself yesterday. My name's Micky. Micky Dolenz."

"Oh yeah. Right. Sorry. I'm Mike Nesmith."

Of course Michael already knew Micky's name. But Micky didn't know that.

"Mike? Do you prefer that over Michael?"

Michael shrugged. "You can call me whatever."

"Okay."

They sat in silence for awhile. Micky was leaning forward on the couch, chin in his hands, and Michael sat with one leg crossed over the other in an armchair. He was just about to get up and leave when his wristband flashed red.

He looked down at it in alarm before looking back up at Micky.

"Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah." Micky looked at Michael with a small, forced smile on his lips. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Please don't lie to me Micky. What's wrong?"

Micky sighed and leaned back against the couch. "Why would you care?"

Michael was about to say 'well, I did catch you with blood runnin' down your arms' but stopped himself. Micky thought he imagined that ever happening, Michael had to keep it that way.

"Cause...we're friends aren't we?"

An alarm went off in Michael's head. He wasn't supposed to form a relationship with Micky, and he knew that. But he also knew it might help Micky if he thought he had a friend.

Micky raised an eyebrow. "We've known each other for a day, man."

"So? I'd..."

"You'd what?"

"I'd like us to be friends."