43

The two woke up the next morning hot and entwined in each other's arms.

Micky yawned and sat up, surprised to see that Michael had chosen to sleep with him the entire night. Michael looked up and smiled. He sat up and kissed his boy.

"Good mornin' beautiful," he mumbled as they pulled away. Micky looked down and blushed, fiddling with his fingers.

"I'm not—"

"Shhh," Michael kissed him again. "None of that. I wanna enjoy this moment here with you."

Micky continued to blush, but he smiled as Michael wrapped his arms around him and pulled him close. He laid his head on Michael's chest and they stayed like that for a long time, before Micky was the first to break the silence.

"Hey Mike?"

"Hmm?"

"Shouldn't we get going?"

Michael released his hold on Micky and blushed. Micky arched an eyebrow at him. "What's wrong?"

"The car, um...last night I swerved the car to miss hitting a deer and, uh...drove it straight into a ditch."

"Oh!" Micky was surprised. He didn't remember any of that happening last night. "How are we gonna get it out then?"

"Well, there's somethin' I can do, but I...I don't want to scare you."

"Scare me? What is it?"

Michael bit his lip.

"C'mon Mike, I wanna know! Please? Besides, I thought you were an angel. I don't think scaring people fits in the job description."

Michael scoffed. "Trust me, there are some pretty scary angels out there."

Micky paused.

"Okay, I guess you're right, but...c'mon Mike, we can't just sit here all day. Pleeeeeease?"

Micky poked his lower lip out in a pout and looked up at Michael with big brown eyes. Michael wanted to protest, but oh...he just couldn't resist those eyes.

"Okay," Michael huffed in agreement. "Follow me."

"Yay!"

The two straightened up and scrambled out of the car, Micky following close behind Michael. They stood in the middle of the road, but there were no other cars in sight.

"Stand back."

"What? Why?"

"I said stand back, Micky."

Micky backed away, watching with wide eyes as Michael placed his hands underneath the car...and effortlessly lifted it into the air.

"Oh my God!"

Michael grunted and looked at Micky, beads of sweat forming on his forehead as he took the car and moved it onto the road. Micky was terrified that Michael would be crushed under the weight, but the Angel brought it back to the road and set it down as if it were nothing.

"Holy shit," Micky breathed, looking at Mike. The Angel was breathing heavily, but otherwise seemed unaffected by what he'd just done. "Did that seriously just happen?"

Michael laughed. "Yeah, it seriously just did."

"You're like Superman or something!"

Michael blushed. "I wouldn't go that far, but—"

"What would sex with you be like?"

The two paused at Micky's question. Michael looked at Micky, jaw dropping, as the human boy looked away, ashamed.

"Micky, what—"

"Nothing. It's nothing! Forget I said anything, okay?"

"Micky—"

"Just forget it!"

Michael looked at Micky, now concerned for the boy's well being. Micky stared back at him, eyes shining with tears as he silently begged Michael to drop the subject.

Why was he getting so upset?

Michael was burning with curiosity, but he didn't want to upset Micky anymore than he already was. So he smiled softly, pretending to forget about it, and grabbed Micky's hand.

"Let's hit the road, shall we?"