01

"Michael, come here."

The booming voice of the Head Angel rang throughout all of Heaven. Michael, a much lesser ranked Angel, appeared by his side in an instant.

"You called?"

The Head Angel nodded and wrapped an arm around the younger Angel's shoulders. He sighed heavily before speaking.

"I've got a special task for you, Michael. Succeed, and you will rank high."

Michael gulped. "How high?"

The Head Angel smiled. "You will become my Second in Command."

Michael's eyes widened. "Wh-What? What task could possibly be that important? That...That's an honor, sir."

The Head Angel nodded. "I know."

"So...what have I got to do?"

"You must go down to Earth and become Micky Dolenz's Guardian Angel."

Michael was surprised. He knew what Guardian Angels were, his pal Davy was one, but he was not yet experienced enough to become one himself. The Head Angel knew this. "I—What? Why?"

"Micky is important. He's a very special boy, but doesn't see it yet. You must go down to Earth to prevent him from harming himself. He is very depressed, more than humans are ever meant to be, but he mustn't end his life."

"What happens...if he does?"

The Head Angel sighed. He leaned in close.

"If he ends his own life, that could mean the end to us all."