63. Cold Embrace (Locus)

M-m-m-money shot! Guess which chick found $10 under her bed after cleaning her room? This chick! Into the league fund you go!

Words: 278

Characters: Locus

Genre: Angst-y and romantic

Locus acted like it didn't affect him but he knew you noticed. It was you after all, you noticed everything about him.

No matter how expressionless he tried to make himself seem, somehow you always knew. When he was angry, you'd leave him be. When he was sad, you'd passively try to comfort him. When he was anything, you knew exactly what to do.

After a hard day, the only thing Locus could think about was you.

It was painfully slow and agonising day especially due to Washington's taunting.

Monster?

No, he couldn't get side-tracked or think about he needed to rest, relax.

So, he went to eh only place he knew he could relax.

There you were in your room, standing casually around without your full body armour on.

You barely noticed him before he clung on tightly to your small body frame, feeling like if he let you go you'd disappear.

"L-locus?" Nothing was said as he just held you in his arms and thought.

Thought about you. What you had done for him, what you were going to do for him and what you couldn't do for him.

He knew it was a bad idea to get close to you, knew it was the worst idea. You were weak, you would die, but he couldn't stop his feelings. He tried, tried and tried, but that didn't seem to work.

He made it his goal to not become what he feared most (a monster) when you were around. He wouldn't let it consume him and...even if he couldn't do that, he'd protect you. With all his might, he'd protect the only thing left in his life.