69. Noble (Grif)

Words: 453

Characters: Grif

Romantic: Very (fluffy)

You looked at him, he stared right back. You smiled and he only grimaced. You went to touch him, but he flinched.

"Grif..." Ugh, he hated the pity in your voice. "It's not pity Grif, it's concern." Damn it, he said it out loud. Stupid! Stupid!

"Ugh, just leave me alone (Y/N), I just wanna sleep." He went to lay down, while leaning on the wall, but you stopped him.

"Oh no you don't DEXTER!" You grabbed him by his shoulders and sat him upright. He made eye contact with you and, you could finally see how bad his eye was. Swollen, bruised and puffy. When he realised you were looking at it, he looked away, seemingly ashamed.

"What do you want?" He didn't mean for it to come out rude, he was just so...tired, so...embarrassed. He didn't want you to see him this way, he wanted you to see him when he was at his best. His sarcastic, lazy self, not this pathetic, rude and moody one.

"I want to know, why. Why did you try to fight him?"

"Simple, he stole my food and thought he could get away with it." That instilled a sceptical look from you.

"Really Grif? You started a fight with the Maine because he stole your food?" Shit, now that you said that out loud, he didn't really sound that convincing. "What really happened?"

"Nothing." He said a little bit too quickly.

"Grif. Please," you rested your hand on his cheek, "what really happened?" Grif said nothing, and tried to not make eye contact with you. "Please, Dex.You know I'm asking because I care, I care about you." No answer. "Dex...please, I-"

"MAINE AND HIS FRIENDS WERE MAKING FUN OF US OKAY? THEY CALLED ME LAZY, STUPID RUDE, BUT...but worst of all they called..." Grif trailed off in a shaky voice.

"Dexter, what is it? What did they say about you?" Grif took a sharp breath in.

"It was you. They called you..." Grif stopped again, but this time showed no sign of continuing. Instead of pressuring to continue, you just cupped his face.

"Dexter. Dexter. Dexter. Dexter, look at me." He finally looked at you. "It doesn't matter what they say about you or me." You kissed him lightly on his swollen eye. "It dosen't matter what they think about us." You kissed his bruised lip. "It doesn't matter what they try to do." You kissed his red cheek. "Because, Dexter Grif, I will always love you." Then you embraced him. He sat there awkwardly before embracing you back.

"Buy me some oreos?"

"Hm...yeah."

"Buy me dinner?" His question almost made you stutter.

"Uh, sure."

"Buy me-"

"GRIF!" Oh you loved that lazy idiot.