66. Fine (Church)

Sick, again! I started writing this one shot and it was like, "oh shit another Church still loves Tex one shot, fuck me!" So I had to change the ending, not sure if I'm satisfied with it, but It's better than the other one.

Words: 469

Characters: Church

Genre: Romantic and angst-y

You constantly told yourself that you didn't like Church, constantly denied it. You were in a love hate relationship with him. It always, Church said something, you insulted him and you two would start bickering back and forth. You enjoyed that relationship, wanted it to stay like that but, your mind obviously didn't want that.

"Church is really looking nice today isn't he?"

"Oh I hope he notices me!"

"He just talked to me instead of someone else!"

There was no stopping what the heart wanted.

Church was rude, loud, obnoxious and, most importantly, he was an asshole. But, he was also occasionally aware, loyal, selfless and funny. And that's what your heart fell for...stupid heart.

"HEY, ROOKIE!" Ah, the voice of the man who always made your heart race.

"WHHHHAT?"

"GET OVER HERE!"

"GET OVER WHERE?"

"HERE!"

"WHERE IS HERE?"

"ROOKIE JUST FUCKING GET HERE, NOW!" You smirked to yourself before walking to where you knew Church would be.

"You called Church?" You raised your eyebrow as Church said nothing for a few seconds. "Uh, hellloooo?"

"So...you, uh, like me?" The abrupt question caused your eyes too open dramatically

"Huh? How did you come to that conclusion?"

"I've seen the way you look at me," Oh wow, looks like Church was more perspective than you though, "oh and Tucker told me." Perspective?

"Oh...so, your response?"

"So it is true?"

"I guess."

"What do you like about me? Yeah, I understand that I'm the best-" Your glare stopped him mid-sentence and you could only sigh heavily after the seconds of silence.

"I dunno. There's a lot I fucking despise about you-"

"Wow, thanks for that!"

"But there are also things that are good about you. Things that make me...hate you less." You couldn't tell but you though Church was smirking. It was really hard to tell with your visors.

"Let me be honest, I don't like you, at all."

"Wow, you really know how to make a girl smile."

"And I'm still...you know, with Tex."

"Yes, we all know you're still in love with her! Is there really a need for this?"

"Just let me fucking finish would you?" You rolled your eyes but let him finish nonetheless. "I don't like you, I fucking hate you."

"Whatever, I'm fine with that! I hate you-"

"BUT if we spend some time together, I feel like...I could hate you less."

"Just hate me less?"

"Of course, you're still a huge bitch. You fine with that?"

"Not as fine as you." Church seemingly cringed.

"Ewww, you know confessing to me doesn't make that right?"

"Hm...guess I'm fine with that." A pair of eyes narrowed at you.

"What do you mean, that?" You hummed a little.

"Prepare yourself Leonard Church because I am about to win your heart...your non-existent heart."

"HEY, FUCK YOU!"