Part 24

Lucy

"Ohh be careful " quaan said trying to help adjust me into my wheelchair.

"Look i am okay i got this quaan damn" i snapped , ever since i got discharged from the hospital yesterday he has been coming over and helping but he was pushing it . Like i wasnt handy capped i can do this on my own.

"I am sorry " he said sitting down and sighing looking down at his feet.

I rolled my eyes and sighed before wheeling myself closer to him.

I lifted his head gently with my hand so he was looking at me . " its okay im sorry for snapping , but quaan i need you to know i got this , if i am ever gonna be able to use my feet again or know how to do anything i need to be able to struggle on my own okay?"

" i know " he sighed caressing my cheeks with his right hand " i just want to make sure you are okay , like i let you get hurt once and i don't want anything to hurt you again".

"I know and I appreciate how much you are doing for me , but i promise i got this babe " i said holding hand on my cheek.

" mhmm okayyy , don't feel you cant tell me when you need help because i am here to help you all the way okay , i love you so much lucy and i am going to make sure you are treated like a princess "

I smilled at him, i felt so lucky to have quaan . After hearing all that happened he kept blaming himself for what happened and at the end of the day this was not his fault , whoever did this to me , would have done it whether he was there to help or not and i keep trying to tell him but he doesn't seem to see it.

"I love you too"
We stayed there starring into each others eyes for a few seconds, juquaan moved in and was about to kiss my lips , but was stopped mid way by a knock at the door.

"Who is it " i sighed

" lucy its me" i heard clare say.

" okay i will be there in two seconds"

"I guess thats my que to leave " juquaan said getting his things together.

"Do you have to " i pouted , i really did enjoy his company , especially since I couldn't really get around much.

"Yes its 3 pm i have to go to basketball practice, because when you were in coma i started lacking , so coach said if i really want to make those scholarships i need to up my game and that includes doing extra hours, but dw i promise i will be back tomorrow after school and i will text you after practice okay ?" Juquaan said .

I watched him put his bomber jacket on , before giving me a kiss on the forehead and heading towards the door.

" hey mrs smith " juquaan greated her as after opening the door.

" off already, i was hoping you would stay for dinner ?" She asked

"I'm sorry ma'am , i have a few important thing i have to do that is taking my time otherwise i would love to stay for dinner"

"Hmmm okay but next time you come you have to promise you stay for dinner " she demanded with her hands on her waist.

"I will try my best " he chuckled scratching his head nervously.

"That is not a yess "

" let him go clare before he is late" i sighed into a laugh shaking my head . Knowing clare if i left her to continue talking she would talk him to the point where he would not leave and end up being late.