Chapter 6

2 weeks later

Adrianna

It had been 2 weeks since I finally saw August and we had been speaking and meeting up since then . I was so happy to have my best-friend back life felt soo good now , I felt like I didn't have to go through pain by myself anymore .

I finished my shift at the strip club as was entering my house when I saw a message from August.

August 😍😭: hey dri what you doing tomorrow.
I smiled at the message closing the front door behind me and dragging myself up the stairs to my room.

After I took all my clothes off and changed I settled down and replied to the message.

Me: nothing why ?

August😍😭: well I wanted to take you out for lunch and maybe go cinema ,  in the evening you know conjuring 2 just came out unless you too scary to go watch it .

I rolled my eyes and laughed a little to the message.

Me : oh me scary 🤔, I swear you the one that wants me to come with you are you sure you not just scary and need someone to protect you from the monsters 😂

August 😍😭: hell no ma , I'm a big man in these streets 👊🏽, I make them monsters run for their money , trust me they got nothing on me 💪🏾.

I laughed

Me: oh really , sorry mr "big man" 🙌🏽

August 😍😭: it's okay that you didn't know 😋 atleast now you know 😎. Anyways be ready at 6

Me: what happened to lunch ?

August : you know me my lunch don't start till evening, we can go get something to eat after the movie 😋.

Me : Alrite 😂 .

I settled myself down still texting and messing around , I don't know what time I drifted to sleep but when I woke up it was bright outside.

...........................

"So I see you and August are really hitting it off " Jane said as we walked through the shop looking through the clothes.

I had planned to come shopping for this evening , I wanted to look really nice today , but I kept on trying to convince Jane that I just wanted to look nice but she wasn't buying it .

" we ain't hitting nothing off girl he just my friend " I replied picking up one of the dresses.

" uh huh , friends that speak 24/7 " she replied

" Yeaaah well that's only because we are close " I replied.

" uh huh then why you trying so hard to impress your "friend" and I see the way you light up every time you talk about him " she said putting emphasis on the word friend.

" I already told you I just wanted to look nice and well I haven't seen him in ages maybe that's why " I said trying to find as many excuse just to get her to get off the topic.

" yeah yeah you can give me excuses but I still see you and him eventually getting together " she said as she payed for her stuff at the till.

"Whatever you say Jane " I rolled my eyes and laughed as I payed for my outfit.

As we walked out of the shop towards the carpark, Jane nudged me .

" aye look who is coming at 6 o'clock" she whispered indicating I should turn around .

I turned around squinting and immediately frowned when I saw who it was .

I saw Marcus walking in our direction , I haven't seen him in over 2 months and I didn't want to see him right now.