Chapter 30

|3rd POV|

The pinkette unknowingly left behind the two boys. Worry filled her up more as she ran faster. Her village was all she had left, her only family.

She furrowed her eyebrows, thinking about the tree in by the pond. "That's the spirit tree." She muttered to herself, remembering going to it, to visit deceased beings. If something did happen, she would have no one.

'Smoke.' She sniffed the air. 'Could just be someone...Cooking something...Yeah definitely.' She reassured herself. But no matter how many times she would try to regain hope in her village, she would fail.

She didn't know when the village would come in view, but every turn brought anxiety.

Then she saw it.

She saw the narrow path to reach the back entrance of the village. Nothing seemed bad from behind. Sakura slowed down her pace, saving energy if anything happened.

She concealed her chakra, and walked slowly. She was O' so nervous. She would close her eyes a few times, trying to calm herself, but the butterfly's in her stomach would never disperse. Fear paralyzed once she smelled the burning flesh and fresh blood of her once known clan. Her breathe hitched in her throat. She was shocked, scared- no terrified. Whoever killed her clan, obviously wanted something from them. 

'Could be the person from before.' Wraith snapped her out of her fear. She shook her head as tears brimmed her eyes. She nodded at the reasonable explanation, but then clenched her teeth. "How the hell did you know about the massacre of my clan...? Fairly positive I blocked my memories, so you shouldn't be able to ac-" Groans and moans cut her off. Her emerald green eyes widened, tears brimmed the edge, as she could she the people being burnt alive. Tree's impaling their bodies, that were once alive.

Her heart pounded against her rib cage, faster and faster each second. She dropped down on her knee's. Weak. The word floated in her head. She couldn't even protect her own village. She's a prophecy and she couldn't protect her own village

The moans would haunt her forever. They would taunt her, bring her pain and misery. All because she couldn't protect her village. Sakura has officially given up. 'There's no point anymore...'  She paused to look around the burning village. Her lungs were being filled with smoke, but it didn't effect her. 

'I'm so...Weak...'  She thought to herself. Wraith made no comment on her thought about herself. 'So you agree?' She asked him. He still made no comment. Not even a breath. Sakura's eyes cast down to the burnt ground. 

"Just end my pain...Please." She begged to no one. A little girl with part of a tree that impaled through her, looked at Sakura with pleading eyes. "P-please...D-d-don-" She coughed up blood, "don't g-give...u-up." She took her final breath. 

Sakura crawled quickly to the young girl and held her head. "No no no. You can't die!" Sakura tried pushing chakra in the large wound, but it didn't do anything. She tried singing that stupid song just to make her heal, but nothing happened. 

Tears finally let loose down Sakura face. The dropped the the burnt ground making a sizzling noise. Sakura let go of the young girls head, and wiped her tears. "Don't cry Sakura,' She told herself. "crying shows weakness." She wiped the final tear the slipped down her face.

She stood up and inhaled smoke. She coughed, waving her hand around, trying to clear the smoke, invading her vision. She continued walking through the burning village, trying to find the culprit. 'The killer couldn't have gone far...' Sakura closed her eyes and released her chakra, trying to find other signatures. But she only feel the villagers chakra. 

Her chakra returned to her, as she groaned in frustration. "The bears." She muttered. As soon as those words left her mouth, she heard a growl. Her eyes shot to the spot where the growl came from. She ran over to the spot to only find one remaining  bear still alive. The black bear. 

The others were sprawled on the ground, dead.  Sakura hugged the large bear. "Stay alive for me...Please." She mumbled into his fur. The bear made a noise, making Sakura stand up and continue her journey. She walked towards the large Kage tower, dead bodies everywhere

She gagged as the smell of burning flesh hit her nose. As she entered the tower, she would've imagined that there would be more bodies, but there was nothing. It was as silent as the night. Sakura shivered. 

She walked up the stairwell, up to the Magikage room. 

She was there. Right in front if the door. She put her hand on the door, and pushed it open to only reveal a empty desk. She would've imagined that the Magikage would be sitting there, dead, but no one was there. 

Shock overcame her as she looked up to she blood written on the ceiling saying; 

It's time

'Time for what?!' Sakura saw the Magikage's body hanging right beside the message, with his intestines spilling out of his body. Sakura gagged, and looked more around the room, hunting for evidence of the person that killed her clan. 

A sudden pain shrouded through her body. She started coughing up blood, then looked down to only see a hole through her chest. 

"Sakura dearie....It's time." The hand in her chest was pulled out, causing Sakura's body to collapse on the floor. 

Sakura was dead.