Chapter Fourty Nine-Good Job Mate

"Life's too awesome to waste your time thinking about someone who doesn't treat you right." - Jack Barakat

C O R E Y

It wasn't a shock when Tellie blew me off. Of course she didn't want to be around me right now. I don't know what I was thinking...

You were thinking just being around Tellie makes you feel better.

I bit my lip staring at the ceiling. I didn't understand what mums problem was. If she didn't want me around why not tell me?

"Co-o-orey."

I groaned as Spencer skipped into my bedroom, smiling ear to ear.

"What?" I snapped. Something about this seems like déjà vu...

"Mummy said to tell you that your daddy will be here tomorrow and you get to go with him."

I snapped my head up, my eyes widening as Spencer skipped out of the room.

Fuck.

I got to my feet storming out of my room and straight down stairs.

"Corey step lightly please." Mum said as I entered the lounge room my fists clenched.

"What was Spencer on about?" I demanded. "She came upstairs and said-"

"Your spending tomorrow with your father." Mum cut in, sipping from her mug.

"How? What am I going to America for a day? Sending me on Liam's private jet?"

"Your fathers in London on a business trip so you'll spend tomorrow with him. You're his son as much as your mine Corey."

"I doubt that."

"Corey-"

I stalked out of the lounge room, jogging up the staircase, slamming my bedroom door shut. Mum was going to ship me off to America. I knew it. I could tell by the way she tensed when I asked her what Spencer was on about.

It wasn't like my father was an absolute terrible guy. No, he was a strict, rule crazy, terrible guy...

Even the writing in the birthdays cards he sent always seemed to be screaming. The last time I saw my father was when I was about six, and it wasn't on the best circumstances...

"Hey Corey," Liam started, slightly walking into my room. "Dinners ready mate."

"I'm not hungry." I replied bluntly.

"Okay, I'll tell your mum but you know she's gonna be pissed with that as answer..." Liam muttered.

"Liam. She's gonna make me live with my dad isn't she?"

"What on earth makes you think that?"

"I heard you guys last night..."

"Oh..."

"Thank you." I said biting my lip. "For what you said to her..."

Liam smiled. "Any time mate. Your mums just under a lot of stress right now."

"Sure she is..." I muttered under my breath, but Liam didn't hear me. So he left, without another word, closing the door behind him.

My father was just how I remembered him. Tall, broad, tattoos down his left arm, his head shaved, and as usual his face was sharp.

"Corey." He addressed as I got in his car, pulling on my beanie.

"Dad." I replied, my tone just as curt as his.