Chapter Fourty One-The Time I Hated Cameron Roth

"When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars, And he will make the face of heaven so fine That all the world will be in love with night And pay no worship to the garish sun." - Juliet, Romeo and Juliet.

C O R E Y

I looked in the mirror at my still bruised jaw. By now I'd assumed it would be gone, but instead it hard turned a disgusting purple colour.

I rubbed my jaw before grabbing my school bag and leaving the bathroom.

Fridays was the best day of the week.

1st period was music.

2nd period was drama.

3rd period was English.

4th and 5th was double sport.

Best day of the week.

I jogged down the staircase, greeted by Cam and Zach.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey bro, lets go." Cam replied turning towards the front door. "School, I'm so excited."

"Mum I'm going!" I shouted. I didn't wait for a reply before following Zach and Cam out the door.

"Zach's a bit on edge." Cam whispered.

"I can hear you." Zach hissed. "Look, are we going to school or ditching?"

"Ditching what else?" Cam smirked. "But really Zach, what's your problem?"

"Oh, let me think. My fucking girlfriend nearly died!"

"Of course. It's all about Tellie!"

"Cam, you're the one who dared him to go after her." I snapped as we walked down the driveway.

"Really Corey?" Cam hissed. "You think I would do that? No! I wanted you and Tellie to get together, not Tellie and Zach."

"Sure Cameron." I sneered.

"Zach liked the bloody chick! You should be able to get that you like her to. Although I wish neither of you did. Ever since she came into the picture you guys have been fucking turds! You guys are gonna have to pick. Do you want to be my friend, or go after Tomlinson?"

I looked to Zach. He looked nervous but glared at Cam.

"If that's the way it is Cam." He said bluntly. "Screw you. I'm not going to dump my girlfriend 'cause you're on your period."

"Ha. Ha. Ha." Cam hissed.

"You are acting like a girl about this Cam..." I muttered as we turned a corner.

"You might not get it Cam," Zach snapped. "But Tellie's amazing. And sorry, I pick her. Have fun pricks."

Zach stalked down the street, pulling his phone from his pocket not turning back to me and Cam and stood in shock.

"Did he just...?" I trailed off.

"Fuck you Payne. This all started 'cause you liked Tomlinson." Cam shot back.

"She's fucking hot!" I shouted as Cam walked down the other street. I stood along on the street, looking to the left then right. Zach was obviously going to school, and Cam was certainly not.

Fuck I think I just lost both of my friends...

I impatiently tapped my pen on the desk, trying my best to listen to Mrs Corner's lecture about treble clefs, but I always found myself whispering to Zach who as Cam had said this morning; was on edge.