Chapter 15

Rocco's POV

I felt bad for making Jak come pick me up and stay at his house but I had to go somewhere. I was not staying in that place while my cousin and his girlfriend are there. Because we all know what they'll be doing.
We pull up to Jak's house and being the gentleman he is, he opens the car door for me.
I laugh at him and he pokes his tongue out at me.

We spend the rest of the Saturday just hanging out.
We talk, watch movies, play video games (which I apparently suck at), and at one point we walked down to the park and hung out there for a while.

"Bedtime, Boys." Taylor says poking her head into Jak's room.
Jak nods barely paying attention.
"I mean it!" She says a little more strictly and she walks away.
"You don't mind sharing the bed right?" Jak says kind of nervously.
I shake my head.
"Cool. You can borrow some of my clothes."
Jak hands me some clothes and I cross the hallway into the bathroom.
I feel the itch to find a blade but I hold back the urge.
I change into the pair of loose pants and the loose long sleeves shirt.
I walk back across the hall and me and Jak snuggle up under the covers.
At first we just lay still about a foot of space in between us.
"Oh, just come here." Jak sighs rolling over to face me.
He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close to him.
I sigh contentedly. I love the feeling of being in his arms. It makes me feel safe.
His breathing evens out and small snores escape his lips.
I giggle softly at him and his grip tightens on me.
I finally drift off to sleep listening to his breathing.

My entire body shakes as I fall right out of the bed.
"Wha-?" Jak starts then yawns.
A small sob escapes my lips and he immediately leans down and pulls me into his lap on the bed.
I calm down quicker than normal.
"Nightmare?" Jak asks and I nod not trusting my voice anymore.
"Come on." He whispers getting up.
Hundreds of thoughts fill my head, all of which bad.
"Just come on. You trust me, right?"
I sigh and pull myself off the bed.
He grabs my hand and pulls me toward the kitchen then leads me out the back door of the house.
I continue following him and then he stops and lies down bringing me with him.
Stars light up the sky like a thousand fire flies. The sky is a beautiful dark blue colour. And the moon is only Half but it still looks perfect.
"Woah." I accidentally mumble.
"When I was little my dad used to take me out here when I couldn't sleep and we'd watch the stars for hours and he's point out the constellations. After he passed away, I still came out every single night." He lets out a small laugh, "the winter after he left, I was still coming out here and I accidentally fall asleep in the snow. Mom found me in the morning and I almost got hyperthermia... I only come out here when I can't sleep now." He finishes.
"Wow.." Is all I manage to answer with.
"Yeah." He says laughing again. 
He pulls me into his chest and points toward the sky pointing out the constellations.
He all of a sudden stands up and I follow.
"Care to dance?" He asks.
I smile and wrap my arms around his neck. And his arms circle around me waist and he pulls me close to his chest.
We away gently back and forth and he hums a gentle tune.
"Rocco?" Jak asks after the 'song' ends.
"Hmm?"
"Okay I'm just going to say it because I just, I don't know anymore but I have to so just hear me out and promise this won't ruin our friendship." He rambles.
"Nothing can ruin our friendship, Jak." I say feeling a little sick.
What is he going to tell me?
He probably hates me.
"Okay I really really really like you Rocco." He pauses.
But. There's going to be a but.
"Your just so nice and kind and adorable and cute and beautiful and smart and caring and all shy and the list could go in forever."
But? Where's the but?
"I just really like you and at first I thought it was just because were friends but it's so much more than that. I realized a couple days ago that I have the biggest crush on you." He stops again.
But...? Or maybe it's all fake like Dylan and Mitchell said.
"I realized that I want you. I need you, Rocco. I figured out that I like you so much more than any other girl I've ever daten."
"Where is this going, Jak?" I finally ask feeling tears in my eyes.
"Will you be mine? Will you do me the honors of being my boyfriend?" He spits out.
"Oh my god..." I mumble.
He looks at me expectantly.
"Yes! Oh my god yes!" I squeal jumping into his arms.
He spins me around then sets me down.
He hesitates for a second then he kisses me softly.
I kiss back and when we pull away I rest my head on his chest and we start swaying to nonexistent music.
"I really like you, Rocco. No matter how broken you say you are."
I don't respond.

Jak, my... Boyfriend, scoops me up bridle style when my eyes start closing.
He carries me up to bed and we lay down together.
I curl into him and shut my eyes drifting off to sleep almost immediately.
"I'll keep the nightmares away, beautiful. Just sleep." Jak says.
I listen to his heartbeat.
"I'll protect you, sweetheart."
And I fall asleep.
Just as promised I didn't end up having nightmares that night. Just sweet dreams about the perfect boy laying beside me.

There part 2!
YAAAAYYYYY THEY ARE OFFICIALLLY TOGETHER NOW!

~EELLLLIIEE ;)