Chapter 21

Sam's POV

"Idjiot" Bobby mutter under his breath as we recounted the story. Dean let out a small chuckle. He started to reach for a beer when I smacked his hand away.

"Hey! What was that for?" He asked rubbing his hand

"Dude, that's your seventh beer in the last hour! Slow down a little." I said worrying about his health. All he did was raise his eyebrows and grab the beer. Bobby shook his head a muttered about us being idjiots again under his breath and went back to the book he was reading. We had been pouring over books for hours and still had nothing.

Dean was way passed drunk and about five seconds from passing out. I didn't blame him. Whenever something bad happens he blames it on himself. I looked over at Rachael's motionless body on the couch. She had a bright blue handprint on her stomach on top of her stitches. She looked fragile. There was still so much she wasn't telling us, I could feel it. My best guess was that her life was a living hell due to the last few days. Her aunt didn't seem to care if she ever came back or not and if she got hurt.

"Sam...Sam...SAM!" I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice Castiel rapidly tapping my shoulder. Dean had fallen asleep at the table, drooling on a book. Bobby glared at him and gently pulled the book out from under him.

"Yeah Cas, any idea how to cut Rachael?" I yawned and looked down at my watch. It was five in the morning.

"Yes, we need to go inside her dream and wake her up. I can get you inside but you have to remember that nothing in there is real." He said seriously and went to touch my forehead. I grabbed his hand and pushed it back down. He looked confused.

"We should probably do this in the morning with Dean. I really need some sleep. You understand, right?" I asked feeling my eyelids getting heavy.

"Well okay.....goodnight then." He said rather awkwardly "I'll be here in the morning. I'm still not used to human sleeping schedules yet."

I turned around and heard the flapping of wing. Cas was gone and we had a plan so I started to climb the stairs. I shouted down goodnight to Bobby and crashed in one of the guest bedrooms. The room was full of books and guns like ever other room in the house. Bobby the paranoid bastard had everything. As soon as I hit the scratchy sheets I fell asleep.