Chapter 2

Rachael's POV

"Rachael....Rachael........RACHAEL!!"

I heard my aunt call my name but decided to ignore it until she started to yell. I rolled over to face her. She was wearing a white t-shirt, black in white plaid shirt over that, a black leather jacket, and jeans. Her blond hair was pulled back into a bun. She only dressed like this when there was a hunt or she was going to go hunt down one of her exe's.

"Come on! Your missing your future and a hunt." she said well shaking me. I immediately sat up when she said "hunt" "Good your up. Get packed we're leaving in a hour." I looked over at my alarm and groaned when I saw that it was two in the morning.

I had packed, showered, and was ready to go in about twenty minutes so I put my stuff in the car and decided to walk around camp. This was a safe spot for hunter to eat, sleep, and get filthy drunk while swapping stories. Sometimes I would listen to them talk about hunts at the local bar. The camp was also home to many teens that's parents had died on a hunt. I was the youngest of everyone because I was three when I first came here. Most three year old would go to a orphanage but my aunt decided that she'd raise me to be a great hunter. I just turned twelve and I have to say I pretty good for my age.

While I thinking I forgot to check the time. My aunt was going to leave in three minutes. I started to run as fast as I could to the van or as I like to call it "The Mystery Machine".When I got there I double checked if I had everything and got in.

When we finally got on the road there was some much stuff on the floor because there was five of us, all are bags, and whole arsenal in the back. The van fit twelve people and had a kitchen and table in it so there was a lot of room. I decided to crash in the back with my headphones. As I scrolled through my playlist I started to think of my mom. I never really knew her but I knew that she had got out of hunting because of me. Sometimes I think that I'm the reason she died because she was to busy worrying about me then herself. I wondered what she would think if she saw me now. My aunt says that she died in her sleep but I saw the police report and it indicated that she put up one hell of a fight. But the demon got the best of her and dragged her body over to the bed.

I didn't even realize that I had started crying until my aunt gave the wheel to John Antony (a hunter who had also brought his thirteen year old son, Jason Antony) and came over to check on me. This was unnecessary but it still made me feel safe. I quickly stopped crying cause it was a sign of weakness and my aunt got up and sat in the passenger seat.

After about in hour I started to get bored so I started to get some information on the case. Turns out the case was in Illinois which is not that far from Iowa. The local students in Springfield were being killed each week. So far there have been nine murders. It turns out that me, Jason, and Alexis (fourteen year old hunter that came after her mom was turned by a vampire) would be attend the local middle school. Jason and I were in the same classes but Alexis was on her own. I didn't know Alexis that well but I still felt bad that she wouldn't have any friends to start the year off. My aunt and John were going to be investigating while we were trying to get some information from the students.

After awhile I started to fall asleep, even with "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC blasting in my ears.

------------------------------------------------
Agh! Second chapter. If you have any suggestions or grammar correction leave a comment below. Thanks 🤓