Chapter 16

Rachael's POV

We had already found the monster and they were still making me go to school. It sucked but was hopefully for one day. I mean how bad could seventh grade be.

When I got back to the hotel room I had to change because jeans with holes are not allowed. I threw on a Ramones concert t-shirt that I got off of eBay and some jeans. I also put on some light makeup and my leather jacket. I looked in the mirror and had to admit I looked awesome. Someone knocked at the bathroom door was brushing my hair straight.

"Rachael, it's time to go." Sam said through the door. I grabbed my bag and started to leave. Both Sam and Dean where wearing suits "Dean and I will be questioning the victims families."

"Yeah so don't get into trouble and if you do stab first. Do you understand?" Dean said and I nodded "Here a phone with both me and Sam's number. Call us if anything happens. Anything" He handed my a old flip phone.

"You do realize that if anything happens I can take care of myself. I'm a big girl Dean." I said putting air quotes around "big girl". He narrowed his eyes at me " Fine! Whatever you say"

I walked to the school with Alexis and Jason. When we got there the halls where so crowded that we had to sort of walk single file. Everyone seemed to stop and stare at me. I sort of wish I hadn't dyed my hair but I just kept my head up and ignored them. I think they were intimated by me because they just got as close as their lockers as they could when I walk by. I sigh and realized that this was going to be a long day.

"Hi! I'm Lily Evans" said a girl behind us. I turned a saw a girl that looked like she was in Alexis grade, red hair, green eyes, and the whitest smile ever. She had a younger boy next to her that looked like he was in Jason and mines grade. He had brown hair, dark blue eyes, and had a devilish smirk. I hated to admit it but he was kinda hot. "This is Evan Smith. We will showing you around!"

"Hey I like your shirt. The Ramones are one of my favorite bands." Evan said pointing to me.

"Thanks." I said "What other bands do you like?"

"Not much. Nirvana, Green Day, The Killers, Gun & Roses, and other stuff like that." he said and Jason spoke up.

"You just practically named off her whole playlist." I shot him a looked but Evan just smiled.

"Glad to know someone has some taste in some stuff besides the new crap."

"All it's really about is drugs, club dancing, or taking someone home. No thanks." I said and he bursted out laugh. Soon I was laughing with him and Jason just stood there confused. Lily cleared her throat and we both stopped laughing.

"Well I see you two are getting along. Evan why don't you show Jason and Rachael here around, please." She said with a fake grin. He started to walk off and motioned us to follow. I looked at Jason while starting to follow him.

"Hey, dude not to get personal but what was that about?" I ask Evan and he shrugged.

"I pulled a dumb prank and if I don't want to be expelled I have to do fifty hours of community service. I've already done twenty-eight hours but got to show the new nerds around if I want more." I glanced over at him and he quickly added "No offense!"

"None taken." I said smirking "So....whatcha do to get in trouble?"

"I may have flooded the school water fountains and the main fountain outside with bubble soap." he said waiting for me to be impressed. Instead I just raise one eyebrow and gave him a bored look "Oh and I suppose you have done better?"

"Yeah, I don't really stick around anywhere very long so I can prank and get away with it. Like this one school I went to they didn't like my hair so I put sleeping powder in the schools bake sale cookies and when they were asleep I dyed all their hair different colors. It only lasted for a week but it was hilarious and I got away with it. Don't you remember that, Jason?" I said and Evan looked at me in awe. I started to blush so I turned back to Jason waiting for his answer.

"Yeah, my hair was bubblegum pink for a week!" He said glaring at me but me and Evan started to laughing.

Evan was really nice and showed us everything from are lockers and classrooms to what foods we shouldn't eat in the cafeteria. We missed first block but we could still make it to second. Evan and Jason were both in my class so it helped to have friends. Evan went and sat on the back promising to save a seat well the teacher, Mrs. Jackson made Jason and I stand in front of the class.

"Quiet! We have two new students with us today." Mrs.Jackson said and it made my skin crawl "Rachael and Jason. Would you like to tell us about yourselves?"

"Not really." I said and some people laughed.

"Well then take a seat and let's get started. Also dear please sit in the back your hair is.....distracting to the class." she said coldly and I went and sat by Evan. Jason sat near the front.

"Rude" I murmured and made a ugly face at Evan. He smiled and made a ugly face back at me.

"Hey, after class would you wanna skip and go play laser tag?" he whispered

"Well a bad boy wanting me to skip school?  I guess I'm hanging out with the wrong crowd." I said jokingly

"I'm the baddest babe your ever going to meet, honey" he said joking back while put his arm on my shoulder. I blushed a little.

"Sure, but we have to be back by the time school ends so I can walk home with Mrs. Responsible, Alexis" I put air quotes around "Mrs.Responsible" and he put his hands up.

"Yes, ma'am. I promise to have you back by curfew."

Luckily none of my other class where with Jason so I could easily say I just didn't see him and Alexis was on the other side of the school so I didn't have to worry about her. We easily slipped out because the school had crappy security so we went to a little café he knew but ended up getting kicked out. We started a huge food fight with the table across from us and ended up getting the whole place involved. I had a cherry pie in my hair and Evan was covered in whip cream. Next we played laser-tag. He betted twenty-five dollar that he would win and I beat him. He said that he had perfect aim and that it was impossible to be beat by a amateur. I didn't tell him about my military training with real guns. We were having to much fun that we almost missed the last bell. We had to run a mile just to get back in time. When we got there we were both sweaty, covered in food, and laughing are head off.

"That was awesome!" I laughed and he looked at me. We both started to sort of lean in like we where going to kiss when I heard a car horn. I turned around to see a 1967 Chevy Impala with Dean glaring at me from the drivers seat. I turned back to Evan and could feel my face turning red. "I've got to go. Bye and thanks for the twenty-five."

I ran to the Impala and got in the backseat. Alexis and Jason where already there and so was Sam. Alexis looked at me waggling her eyebrows and Jason rolled his eye's. He scooted away from me and sort of made me wish I had gotten the pie out of my hair before coming back. Dean and Sam both looked back at me from the driver's seat waiting for me to say something.

"How was school" Dean said looking at my hair