Chapter 17

Deans POV

"So how was school?" I asked Rachael. She had cherry pie in her hair and forehead. She just shrugged.

"Okay, nothing really happened." I narrowed my eyes at her and she just looked straight at me daring me to ask another question. I just sighed and turned back around.

"So...who's the guy?" I heard Alexis ask and Jason answered

"Evan Smith, Rae's soulmate." he growled and Alexis squealed. Rachael just groaned.

"He is not! Where just friends." she said annoyed and I laughed.

"Like I haven't heard that before." I smirked thinking how many times I used that excuse

"Shut up! He just showed me and Jason around."

"And skipped school with you." Jason said and Rachael kicked him. I pulled into the motel parking lot.

"Can you guys give Rachael and us a minute?" Alexis and Jason nodded and ran to their room as soon as they were out of sight I started yelling "YOU SKIPPED SCHOOL!"

"I went to second period if that counts for anything." she said rolling her eyes.

"Rachael, your education is important." Sam tried to reason with her but she just raised her eyebrows.

"Actually it doesn't. Well not until you came along." she said wiping pie off her face.

"I'm sorry I saved your ass from your alcoholic aunt!" I said. She just narrowed her eyes and smiled.

"Saved me? Wow, I so sorry I such a burden." she said then her smile got wider "Relax, I be out of her freakishly long hair soon enough."

"What's that mean?" I said crossing my arms.

"You'll find out soon." I was about to say something when she pulled out a silver dagger out of her book bag "Don't we have a Djion to hunt."

She flipped the danger in the air knowing she had won the argument. Then she casual walk up the motel steps to John's room while flipping that stupid dagger. I turned to Sam and he looked just as confused as I was.

"Well she right about one thing. You do got some freaky hair, man" I said trying to lighten the mood. He just rolled eyes and started to head up to John's room and I followed.