Chapter 8

Dean's POV

After about ten or fifteen minutes after Rachael left there was a knock at the door. It sounded hard and urgent so Sam grabbed a gun and looked through the peephole on the door. Then he opened the door and called me.

Rachael stood leaning against the door frame and looked ready to pass out any minute. Her shirt was soaked in blood. Then she fell forward and me and Sam caught her and carried her over to one of the beds. Sam lifted up her shirt to reveal pieces of glass shoved into her stomach. I froze not knowing what to do.

"Dean, hand me a magnifying glass and some tweezers."

"Dude, your not a doctor!" I said while handing him the stuff. He ignored me and started taking the pieces out very carefully. When he was down he started to clean the wounds for stitches.

"I need some thread, a needle, and some whiskey." He said when he was finish cleaning the wound. I stared at him in disbelief.

"This is not a bullet wound Sammy. This is a girl with glass in her stomach!" I yelled then he got up and got the stuff himself and started stitching her up. She would groan in pain time to time but it wasn't really that bad. She had lost a lot of blood and wasn't going to be allowed to hunt for the next few days or weeks. I just wanted to know what happened.

When Sam was done I set up the pullout couch and carried her over. Now that I finally got a good look at her you could sort of see the resemblance between us. As I started to examine the pieces of glass I realized that they were from a beer bottle. It was the same brand that Janet had been drinking but she wouldn't do this, would she.

There was a soft moan from Rachael on the couch and I went over and sat in the chair a crossed from her. Sam had went to buy food and pain killers so it was just me and her. I started to research the case when I heard her say something weird in her sleep. I just shook it off because she had taken a lot of pain killers.

"No! Please don't make me do it! I don't want to kill people I want to save them" she said in tears. Her whole body was shaking from the dream but she wasn't waking up. " Please. I don't want to shot him!" Then she shot straight up. She was crying and in pain so I came over and sat on the couch next to her. I was really bad at these emotional moments. She just looked over a hugged me and cried in my shoulder.

"I never wanted to kill anyone." she whispered and she just kept on crying into my shoulder while I tried to hug her without hurting her stomach. Soon she was asleep so I laid her head on a pillow and cover her up in blanket. I started to hum "Hey Jude" by the Beatles because that is what my mother used to sing to me before bed.

Her aunt was going to have some explaining to do tomorrow. Who just randomly throws a beer bottle at their kid. She was lucky the kid was still alive. I had left Janie so the kid wouldn't get dragged into this mess but now she's even worse off. I made my decision that when this case was over she was coming with us.