Because We Love The Adrenaline In Our Veins

Dean had the most bewildered look in the room, for A. His dad dad just showed up on his doorstep. B. Gabriel was pointing a gun at him? and C. Cas was crying. And the last one had taken over the others somehow. He couldn't fathom what was going on, and neither could Cas. This sure had to be the weirdest day ever. 

"Sam." John smiled with a sigh of relief. Something that was missing on Sam's face as John walked up to him and pulled Sam into his arms. And Sam could only look to Dean for explanations. But alas, Dean's eyes were fixated somewhere else.

"Cas?" Dean mumbled and walked up to the crying angel. But Gabriel stood between them, not letting Dean pass. Castiel wiped his eyes and no more of those tears threatened to sweep out. He looked up to see Dean trying to get past Gabe, and he saw a man hugging Sam. He looked familiar, and then it struck him. It was Dean's dad. And he ran to his room. Dean after him, with Gabriel pushed to the floor somehow. And then he turned to Sam. 

"Dad? Y-You're alive." Sam spoke barely, utterly mystified. 

"Something tells me you're not happy about it." John said, grinning. And then Gabriel walked up to them. John looked to him and watched him up and down, and then turned to Sam again, "Mind introducing me?" he smiled. 

Sam, still perplexed, looked at the confused Gabriel and back to his dad. "Y-Yeah. Dad, this is Gabriel the archangel. And Gabe, this is my dad." 

"What?" blurted them both out with unison.

Sam let out a slight chuckle and they sat down on the couch.

***

"Cas? Cas what's wrong?" Dean shut the door to their room and grabbed Castiel's hand and was surprised when Cas jerked away. "Cas?" he was concerned.

Cas took a deep breath and finally spoke, calming himself down to not start crying again. "Is it Lisa again?" he kept his eyes to the floor, doubting if he could ever look into Dean's eyes again. 

Dean narrowed his eyes and walked closer to Cas, knowing there must have been some kind of misunderstanding. "Baby, what are you talking about?" he whispered, desperately trying to look into his eyes. He slowly held his hands.

Cas shivered but did not look up. "Your... your phone ringed when you were away. The woman... she said... about sex- sexual intercourse between her and... and... you." Tears menaced to come out of his eyes as he tried as hard as he could to not let his voice tremble.

"Oh no baby... no, it's not what you think." Dean let go of his hand and pulled up his face by his chin. "It was Monica, the one who took over the garage after Bobby remember? We have that code whenever there's something urgent. Because she's always paranoid about here telephone lines being heard by others." Dean looked at him with concern in his eyes. 

Cas looked at him, looking deep into his eyes and he knew Dean wasn't lying. Oh how vacuous Castiel felt. And before he could think anything else, Cas pulled Dean into a deep embrace, holding him as tightly as he could. Dean smiled and pulled him closer, running his fingers through the hair on the back of Cas's head and his smile widened as he heard the purr he did it for. 

And suddenly Cas chuckled, "It's perilous how you know all of my weaknesses." 

Dean laughed wholeheartedly, "Perilous? God you're such a dork." he grinned and kissed Castiel's lips before he could say anything else. And they both thawed in that very moment, in that very kiss. It must have been just a night of worry for some, but it was a millennia for Cas. And how strange it felt, ages passed as he lived and roamed this earth but never did he discern the concept of time made by humans. But a single man changed all of that for him. 

"So you assigned Gabriel to shoot me down?" Dean pulled back a little and grinned.

Cas's eyes widened and he shook his head vigorously, "I didn't!" he said quickly. 

Dean chuckled and rubbed there noses together, "I'm just joking." Cas smiled and rested his head on his chest and they stayed like that for quite a while before Dean spoke again. "Hey Cas?" 

"Yes, Dean?" Cas looked up at him.

"Dad says he has no idea how he came back. We had even cremated him. Do you have any idea how that could have happened?" Dean asked.

Cas thought for a while and then shook his head. "I have no idea. Because if the body was cremated, it wouldn't have been easy to bring him back. No one could do it without father's permission or unless he himself wanted it to happen." he told him. 

"Hmm." Dean contemplated. "I mean I'm happy to see him but somehow all of this just does not feel right. Because dad wasn't the one to be calm about stuff he didn't or couldn't know. I'll ask him again some other time maybe. Can you just give him a safety check? Of course I did too but just to be sure." 

Cas smiled and nodded. "Of course. Don't worry so much." he gave a small peck on his cheek. 

Dean smiled and nodded. "Let's go meet dad." 

A/N 

Hey guys, it's been so long now. I've gotten to class 12 and I can't believe high school will be over pretty soon. 

I hope you all are doing well, let me know in the comments how you liked the new chapter. Have a lovely day!